Odyssea Products

supalupa

I would like to pass the word along to let others know that Odyssea does not support the products they sell. I have purchased Odyssea products from companies such as Aqua Traders at a very good price only to find out they break down in a short amount of time and are impossible to get replacement parts for. I can't even get an impeller for a pump. After many attempts at contacting them throught thier new website I have received no resolution. They answered me back and said they are very sorry and will let their contact in the US know but they never got back to me. I need a ballast for a 130wt pc light and an impeller for my wp-1000 pump. They will only sell me a new pump at a discounted rate. I don't want another pump that is going to break down I just want the impeller because a fin broke off. Not a big deal for most companies but it seems to be for Oddyssea. This must be one of those you get what you pay for deals I guess.

supalupa

I found the email I sent them and the reply that they gave me on 5/31/07. I have not heard from them since. This was their reply.
I'm sorry to hear what you've experienced.We will see to it right now.This email will be transfered to our office in USA.I'll report this to them and to find a way to solve your problem.For all the inconvenience caused by us I apologize.

pbienkiewi

I had a light from AT I bought a little over 1.5 yrs ago. the 130 watt PC ballest blew. I could not find the right size/wire configuration from them. I had to buy a new MH lighting system from them. I ordered 4 130wat pc's from them. The UPS guy dropped them off because I was not home. I opened the package to find all four lights were damaged. I sent them a E-mail. Then 2 1/2 weeks later, UPS left me a note saying they were picking up the lights. AT said they were going to give me the cash back. I have not seen it in almost two months.

steve24

sorry to hear your having such bad luck with them ...
i had their PC`s and they were great, but i upgraded to T5`s since...
i know lots of people here have mixed opinions on there lights, but i hear their newer lights are great... if and when i ever go MH i will get theirs ...
steve

05xrunner

I got the new 760w 48" MH light and its pretty nice. I changed the bulbs to what I wanted and ended up using better ballast. For the money its a great light to start with then upgrade it.

jtcredman

I purchased 692 watt system witch has 2-250metal halide HQI's 2 96 watt CF actnic blue, 6 leds, it has 2 external ballasts for the HQI, and a internal ballast for the CF, and the two internal fans. At first I had trouble with the internal ballast for the CF, but they never gave me a problem with giving me a new one. Since I changed the ballast twice every thing beside the fan being noisey is great. I also purchased PS&% protien skimmer and it works great, it takes out just as much waste as my bak pak does. The parts are cheaper but seem to work just as fine.

D

drlucky4

First let me start by saying I was totally 50/50 on the whole odering MH Lights from Aquatraders. Order was placed on 6/9/2007 and just rec today 6/18/2007. Packaged awesome with cardboard and bubble wrap even the 96 watt blue act lights had bubble wrap on them. Fired up like a champ Ballast is a bit small so will upgrade also 15k 250 watt MH May change Fans are super quiet. So all in all a great experience so far. Hope this helps some people out there I know there has been alot of talk about fires and crappy lights. I realize its only day 1 but so far so good. REEF ON

supalupa

I don't argue the products are reasonably priced and work well for a while but has anyone ever received replacement parts from oddysea ever? So far from what I have seen if you are out of warranty you are out of luck and can't buy an oddyssea ballast or impeller. At least none of the ones for the units I own.

tjohnson139

I bought their pc lighting six months ago. I opened it up this week to change the lightbulbs out and saw that all of my wires have melted and are bare.
Plus they're not UL rated. Now I can see why.
Just my 2 cents.

O

oh no

Oh no, I guess good luck to me then. I wish I read your review before I went ahead and bought the skimmer and canister filter. I have been comparing prices and products all morning. Came across "Aqua Traders" and was thrilled about the prices. I guess I should have research a lot longer. I'm crossing my fingers.