Of course humans have nothing to do with climate change

aggiealum

Just ask Marco Rubio. I guess now he's added Climatologist and Environmental Scientist to his resume, along with his futile aspirations to become POTUS (Can a Cuban actually become a US President?)

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/12/us/politics/rubio-says-he-is-ready-to-be-president.html?_r=0

The REAL experts seem to disagree. But who cares. None of us will be around in the next 100 or so years to see if this become reality, or just a another false prediciton from people who've been studying Earth's climate for decades:

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/environment/west-antarctic-ice-sheets-collapse-triggers-sea-level-warning-n103221

I guess it's also normal to get 3 feet of snow in Denver in May?

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/deadly-tornado-outbreak/400-miles-wyoming-highway-shut-down-after-spring-snow-storm-n102811

darthtang aw

The May 4th Snowstorm in 1774
A general snowfall of around 4” occurred from northern Virginia to southern New England. Both Philadelphia and New York City reported “a considerable quantity of snow”. Thomas Jefferson and George Washington both noted the event in their diaries.
The Great April Fools Day Snow of 1807
Probably the deepest April snowfall in modern history occurred on April 1, 1807 from Illinois to the Mid-Atlantic. The track of the storm was not the usual coastal nor’easter variety that normally produces great snows but rather the low moved northeast from the lower Tennessee Valley and across the mid-Atlantic states and offshore around New York City. To the north of the storm path incredible snowfalls were reported. The westernmost report we have came from Vincennes on the Illinois-Indiana border with an 11” accumulation but it was in Pennsylvania, New York and New England that astonishing snowfall was reported including: 52” at Montrose, Pennsylvania near Scranton; 54” at Utica, New York, 52” at Lunenburg, Vermont; 60” at Danville, Vermont; 48” at Montpelier, Vermont; and 42-48” at Norfolk, Connecticut.
The June 1816 Snows of the ‘Year without Summer’
Most famous of all cold and snowy late season events would have to be the infamous 1816 ‘Year without Summer’ and the snowfall in June that occurred in the eastern U.S. and Canada. On June 6th accumulating snow was observed as far south as the Catskills in New York (where one inch was reported) and highlands of central and northwest Pennsylvania. Snowflakes were seen at sea level as far south as ten miles north of tidewater on the Hudson River just north of New York City. The deepest accumulations were reported in the mountains of Vermont where drifts of 12-18” were measured. Quebec City in Canada reported 12” on level with drifts up to two feet deep.
The even Greater Snow of June 1842
It should be noted that June snowfall in the Northeast is not a unique event to 1816. On June 11, 1842 widespread snow fell over northern New York and New England and snowflakes were observed in Cleveland, Ohio; Boston, Massachusetts; and even Harrisburg, Pennsylvania (a low elevation site). Accumulations of 10-12” were common in Vermont, so this event was actually more extreme than the more famous snow of June 1816.

reefraff

[pre]
CO2 expressed as a mole fraction in dry air, micromol/mol, abbreviated as ppm

2000 369.52 0.12
2001 371.13 0.12
2002 373.22 0.12
2003 375.77 0.12
2004 377.49 0.12
2005 379.80 0.12
2006 381.90 0.12
2007 383.76 0.12
2008 385.59 0.12
2009 387.37 0.12
2010 389.85 0.12
2011 391.62 0.12
2012 393.82 0.12
2013 396.48 0.12[/pre]
ftp://aftp.cmdl.noaa.gov/products/trends/co2/co2_annmean_mlo.txt

Yet as CO2 concentrations increase the average temp has plateaued. Damn, those pesky facts.

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/service/global/global-land-ocean-mntp-anom/201201-201212.png

Turns out we don't have magical CO2 that traps infrared leaving the earth's surface while allowing in in from the sun after all LOL!. The sun emits more infrared than visible light and the infrared is more effective at warming the surface. That same CO2 that prevents infrared that is emitted by the Earth from radiating out into space also prevents that which is radiation by the sun from reaching the planet's surface and heating it in the first place. Leftists are such sheep.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397663/of-course-humans-have-nothing-to-do-with-climate-change#post_3545259
The May 4th Snowstorm in 1774
A general snowfall of around 4” occurred from northern Virginia to southern New England. Both Philadelphia and New York City reported “a considerable quantity of snow”. Thomas Jefferson and George Washington both noted the event in their diaries.
The Great April Fools Day Snow of 1807
Probably the deepest April snowfall in modern history occurred on April 1, 1807 from Illinois to the Mid-Atlantic. The track of the storm was not the usual coastal nor’easter variety that normally produces great snows but rather the low moved northeast from the lower Tennessee Valley and across the mid-Atlantic states and offshore around New York City. To the north of the storm path incredible snowfalls were reported. The westernmost report we have came from Vincennes on the Illinois-Indiana border with an 11” accumulation but it was in Pennsylvania, New York and New England that astonishing snowfall was reported including: 52” at Montrose, Pennsylvania near Scranton; 54” at Utica, New York, 52” at Lunenburg, Vermont; 60” at Danville, Vermont; 48” at Montpelier, Vermont; and 42-48” at Norfolk, Connecticut.
The June 1816 Snows of the ‘Year without Summer’
Most famous of all cold and snowy late season events would have to be the infamous 1816 ‘Year without Summer’ and the snowfall in June that occurred in the eastern U.S. and Canada. On June 6th accumulating snow was observed as far south as the Catskills in New York (where one inch was reported) and highlands of central and northwest Pennsylvania. Snowflakes were seen at sea level as far south as ten miles north of tidewater on the Hudson River just north of New York City. The deepest accumulations were reported in the mountains of Vermont where drifts of 12-18” were measured. Quebec City in Canada reported 12” on level with drifts up to two feet deep.
The even Greater Snow of June 1842
It should be noted that June snowfall in the Northeast is not a unique event to 1816. On June 11, 1842 widespread snow fell over northern New York and New England and snowflakes were observed in Cleveland, Ohio; Boston, Massachusetts; and even Harrisburg, Pennsylvania (a low elevation site). Accumulations of 10-12” were common in Vermont, so this event was actually more extreme than the more famous snow of June 1816.

I like how you cherry-pick the irrelevant comment I made about snow in May, and ignore the fact they Antarctica Ice Sheets are melting away, winter and summer storms have become more violent in the past 10 years, and droughts are more common than they were in the same time period. Just keep ignoring the facts. Like I said, it's essentially irrelevant to you boneheads because you'll be dead and gone before the effects of our ignorance to do the obvious occurs. I wouldn't be buying any Florida beachfront property to be left to your children or grand-children, unless you want to leave them something that will be underwater by the time they get to use it.

reefraff

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2013/09/23/antarctic-sea-ice-hit-35-year-record-high-saturday/

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/04/130401-global-warming-antarctica-sea-ice-science-environment/

darthtang aw

he said. “And I do not believe that the laws that they propose we pass will do anything about it, except it will destroy our economy.”
A second study, published in Geophysical Research Letters, reports the widespread retreat of Thwaites and other glaciers on the West Antarctic Ice Sheet — and says the retreat can't help but continue.
"It has passed the point of no return," the research team's leader, Eric Rignot of the University of California at Irvine, told reporters during a NASA teleconference on Monday. The second study projected that the glacial retreat in Antarctica's Amundsen Sea Embayment, which includes Thwaites Glacier, would result in 4 feet (1.2 meters) of sea level rise — and open the way to more widespread retreats.

Rignot said that means the glacial retreat has triggered a process of "positive feedback."
"We feel that this is at the point where even if the ocean is not providing additional heat, the system is in a chain reaction that is unstoppable
," he told reporters.

darthtang aw

Something to think about. The sea level 13000 years ago was 360 feet lower than it is today. Meaning we averaged an increase in sea level of .33 inches per year since that time. The current rate of sea level increase is half that amount even with the doomsday predictions of the rate of rising sea level.

reefraff

Don't go clouding the issue with facts or statements someone must possess some level of common sense to comprehend LOL!

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397663/of-course-humans-have-nothing-to-do-with-climate-change#post_3545559
Something to think about. The sea level 13000 years ago was 360 feet lower than it is today. Meaning we averaged an increase in sea level of .33 inches per year since that time. The current rate of sea level increase is half that amount even with the doomsday predictions of the rate of rising sea level.
How much of the Antarctica and Arctic Ice Shelf melted back then? Go find you a calculator and calculate the volume of water that will be dumped in our oceans when those massive shelf's do melt. Yea, I'll trust someone who pulls numbers out of his rear and does simple math over renowned scientists that have been studying these works for over two decades. I mean, why wouldn't I take the word of a guy who sits around sticking his hand up a dog's butt all day? LOLOLOL

darthtang aw

The 360 feet lower 13000 years ago is from scientists. Not me. Read it in an article today on a scientific discover website. The article was about a skeleton found in north america dating back to 13000 years ago.
I dont need a calculator. Your story presents how much the water will rise if that ice melts over the next 200 to one thousand years. It is less than what it has raised in the last 13000 years on a per year basis. This planet doesnt magically create water. It came from somewhere. I am assumming that would be from ice caps melting as the planet has warmed since the last major ice age a little over 13000 years ago.
As to my hand up a dogs ass? I dont know what you are talking about. Your dogs must go to a different type of pet supply provider. Do they charge you to watch also? Why would i have my hand in a dogs butt. I dont get the lame attempt at derogatory humor

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397663/of-course-humans-have-nothing-to-do-with-climate-change#post_3545617
The 360 feet lower 13000 years ago is from scientists. Not me. Read it in an article today on a scientific discover website. The article was about a skeleton found in north america dating back to 13000 years ago.
I dont need a calculator. Your story presents how much the water will rise if that ice melts over the next 200 to one thousand years. It is less than what it has raised in the last 13000 years on a per year basis. This planet doesnt magically create water. It came from somewhere. I am assumming that would be from ice caps melting as the planet has warmed since the last major ice age a little over 13000 years ago.
As to my hand up a dogs ass? I dont know what you are talking about. Your dogs must go to a different type of pet supply provider. Do they charge you to watch also? Why would i have my hand in a dogs butt. I dont get the lame attempt at derogatory humor
I thought you were this supposed dog groomer. I mean PetSmart offers "Anal Gland Cleaning" as one of their grooming services. You don't provide the same to your customers?

darthtang aw

I thought you were this supposed dog groomer.  I mean PetSmart offers "Anal Gland Cleaning" as one of their grooming services.  You don't provide the same to your customers?
How did you know that? I haven't commented on anything dog grooming in over a year and a half here. Are you stalking my old posts?That is a lot of reading for someone that doesn't have a whole lot of time to debate, according to you.
I own the business sure. But I don't groom. No, we don't do anal glands. It is a bad practice. I would explain why, but you don't really care.