# Of fish safe in 29 gallon?

shine~on

I have 1 yellow tang and 1 red spot hawk fish. Is there anything more I could get w/out going bigger??
Thanks!

sid2003

The people on this website are very opinionated and will tell you very quickly that that yellow tang shouldnt be in that small of a tank! Alot of them think that a 55 gallon would be questionable. Most people will tell you to stick with smaller fish such as clowns, some gobies etc.. IMO I think your tank could support around 5-6 small fish depending on your filtration. Hope this helps-Sid

shine~on

What about the hawk, he's fine right?? He doesn't move around all that much and I have live rock which seems to suit him well.

lovethesea

our first 29 gallon had 1 clown, goby and 2 firefish and a clean up
We had them for 2 years and everyone seemed happy. We moved up to 40 since and they are still there, happy I hope with a couple of new tank mates.
Our il informed neighbor had a 29 and was insistant on getting the pretty fish. And the LFS was happy to oblige. Needless to say after about 6mos the beautiful yellow tang got bigger and you could tell he was stressing out due to confinement. He almost paced back and forth very crazy like. He died soon after that. Neighbor couldn't figure out.:( He knows now.