Off Topic ID and general interest pics

V

vince-1961

who knows what this fish is? It's about 8"-10" long.
Attachment 230397
Attachment 230398
Attachment 230399
Attachment 230400
BTW, this is at a depth of 60-65 feet.
What you are looking at are New York City sub-way cars that were sunk about a year ago. I'm posting them just as general interest so ya'll can see what grows naturally in a year's time in the waters of the Atlantic bight ... about 23 miles offshore from Brunswick, GA, which is the westernmost spot of the entire east coast of the USA....halfway between Savannah, GA and Jacksonville, FL.
EDIT: (When I wrote the word "su
ay" w/o the hyphen, the system made it a head banging emoticon)

V

vince-1961

The black fish at the bottom of the first picture is a black sea bass. Very common. Good eats, too. Catch them all the time.
I was asking about the one with the stripe and the tall mast.
I chased him trying to get a good photograph of him, but this is all I got.

t316

Nice pics. Got any from a little further back showing more of the structure/cars?

V

vince-1961

good call on the fish. Unlike every other fish with the word "drum" in it's name that I've ever seen! Judging from the images that came up when googling "juvenile spotted drum", looks like this guy is alweays running away from the camera!
Visibility was poor, but here's the other shot of the su
ay car.
Attachment 230560

scrombus2

The fish in the photos is a Jackknife fish, Equetus Lanceolatus. not to be confused with a High Hat, Equetus Acuminatus. Both are members of the drum family. I had several of both species in a FOWLR and found them to be very territorial and quarrelsome with each other and their tankmates. Even worse than Damsels.