Off-topic Snow Day!!!!!!!!

fshhub

actually., i am on the west side of the susqie. not quite far enough east for the poconos.
I go to rons saltwater in williamsport and there is alos a place in conyngham(just off the interstate) and one in hazelton, the last 2 are a little less than 30 minutes from me.
you are probably only about 45 min to an hour form here. You know where bloomsburg is? I live in Berwick(just outside bloomsburg)

krishj39

I have off, I have off! here in Reading PA, we have about 6 inches and it's still falling. I didn't have to go to work at 8am this morning. I slept in for the first time in ages! It was great. Now the only thing that sorta stinks is that I'm the Facilities Director at work, so I'm the guy that has to go and clear all this snow off the sidewalks and such once it stops snowing, so I don't really even get the day off on snow days.

krishj39

Fshhub, as mentioned, i live in Reading PA. are any of your LFS's worth me coming up and visiting? We have a good number of LFS's around here, but, just to give a reference, That Pet Place is the best one (i'd assume you've been there).
For that matter, anyone in eastern PA have a really good LFS that I can visit? I love visiting pet stores.

reefsoe

Originally posted by Koiman6
I live in NJ who else has a snow day? :D :D

I live in NJ too!! buuuut im at work... yuck!

azonic

I'm on the east coast of canada...haven't got anything yet, but we're forcasted 12-13 inches overnight tonight and all day tomorrow.

ophiura

Really, this is not fair. I was there for N. VA last "big" snow in Jan 2000, but then moved down here to Houston. Cold rain just doesn't cut it. And I see that the old university (George Washington) shut down! They closed so rarely when I was a student!!! HUFFFHUFFHUFFF.
In the spirit of the season, I say:
SNOWBALL FIGHT!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAAAAA GOT YA!

snowbear

Well, here in great BROWN north :rolleyes: we've been stuck in a Banana Belt system that's bringing all that warm air from Hawaii. It's been a perpetual fall with "warm" winds; grass still mixed green and brown 'cause it hasn't really frozen, yet; rain; mud; frosty nights (makes for lick roads after the rainy day:eek: ); VERY short days! The contractors are happy 'cause they can still build and a lot of big road projects started early instead of waiting for summer.

5 inches here plus too much ice to do anything, I did however manage to get out and purchase some tank glue so I can begin work on my sump since, I can't realy go anywhere else.
sean

reef fool

SNOW SUCKS!!! We were supposed to leave for Orlando Fla. today and our flight was cancelled!!!!! THe wife is PO'ed...the kids have cabin(MAgic Kingdom) fever and I need about 100 beers!!! Leaving tomorrow instead...Good news _ one less day to leave my tank alone in the care of "THE NEIGHBOR!" Check out this Mess. They said 3-4"...I measure 8"

jonthefb

nothign here yet, but its been colder than snot lately. as long as we get a ton of snow and have a white christmas, ill b ehappy, plus only a couple more weeks of school! yipee for lack of better words!
jon

tim

A couple inches so far here in Mass. Roads are OK, full day of work, and expect tomorrow as well.

danrw84

you lucky bums.
got a little rain last week here in san diego.
wore shorts and a tshirt today. ... i love the snow!!! i am going to wyoming this month for a little vacation...ill see some there. !

seaham358

Got 7-7.5 in Hyde Park, NY. Still coming down at 800pm. I'm glad I got that snow blower this year. This gives me more time to spend with the tank.

jim672

Well, My business was closed right after my last post on Thursday and I was off Friday and well......Happy Monday!!
fshhub,
Sure I know where Bloomsburg is. My youngest is a freshman there!!:D You can tell me you're not in the Poconos and I'll believe you......but do all those "hills" around you have a name?
Anyway, small world. Either of those LFS' near Bloom? I could stop in when I go see my son!!
KrishJ39,
I"ve been to an neat little LFS just north of Bethlehem that you might like to see, if you haven't already been there. E-mail me if you want name and directions, etc. (jim_hartzell@merck.com)
You too, fshhub! There's also a place in Phila that is very nice...not hard to get to.
Jim

zooqi

fshhub: wasn't there a shop in Berwick that sold saltwater ? I was there about 4-5 yrs ago ! Is not that far but I have not been around that area for over 3 yrs. I lived in Bloomsburg for a while and did not know about that shop untill before I moved to Williamsport.

dreeves

I have anywhere from 24-40 inches in my yard. 24 pretty much level, and mainly between 24-40 inches in the wide drifting areas...had to snow blow a path and "special place" for my Sharpei to do her thing...I think I would hate snow without a snow blower....
Windsor, CT