Officially INSANE!!!

rberhow

OK, I could feel it coming on....the hours in front of the computer and books learning the reasons for spikes in ammonia, the eating habits of every fish imaginable and every little tidbit of info I could get my hands on....then the countless hours of daydreaming of my "future tank".....then the PURCHASE, being willing to sacrifice my retirement on the perfect skimmer, the right amount of ls/lr...then my life began revolving around little numbers with scientific symbols I haven't even thought of since my high school physics class...pretty soon I was spending countless hours watching my little "wet babies" swim in front of me and discussing the different personalities with my children....but I finally realized this week that I am completely insane, when instead of cleaning my house for my in-laws impending visit, I was rearranging my lr just enough so my tang wouldn't get territorial with my shipment of fish arriving and yet not too much, so I wouldn't cause a spike....the true kicker was tonight though when I found myself sitting in the pitch dark hoping and praying that when, after an hour, I shined a tiny bit of light on the tank I would find my new purple lobster moving around and acclimated completely to my tank. Anyone else feeling that sneaky suspicion that you are teetering close to the edge of sanity????
:hilarious

mimzy

um..."sanity?" What is this word? :notsure:
Please define....
I do not understand...

celacanthr

it seems that even the attraction of a geek to a new gadget was torn up as easily as wet
paper under a bike wheel when confronted with setting up a new tank.
it seems that tommorrows friday is as close as thursdays tommorrow and that if a bird flapped backwards it would go forward faster than a horseshoe trying to float on whipped cream.
and yet through this I still now that im sane
RIght right?!

sandiegan

for some reason, everything you say makes perfect sense to me. i've spent more time, money, and effort with my tanks than I have with my classes. oh well, now im heading towards marine bio h*