OH MY GOD!!! Grip of DEATH!!

R

reefernana

Wow, this can become a new thread of "Attack of the Killer Clams", lol..............
Funny now, but not so funny then. Poor things!

bonebrake

Originally Posted by WangoTango
i wonder what kind of damage that could do on a finger?
-Justin
I know of a hobbyist that thought it would be cool to stick his finger in the mantle of a clam to feel it and "SNAP!" it shut tight on his finger. He had to pry it open with a screwdriver and it cut completely through the skin and soft tissue down to the bone.

team2jndd

Originally Posted by Bonebrake
I know of a hobbyist that thought it would be cool to stick his finger in the mantle of a clam to feel it and "SNAP!" it shut tight on his finger. He had to pry it open with a screwdriver and it cut completely through the skin and soft tissue down to the bone.

Sounds like an intelligent individual. And I thought MY avatar made people cringe.

prevwon

That's crazy, Clams are no joke...

N

nemo_66

i bet he made all A's on his report card
still, no matter how stupid or smart you are, that would suck ****

PS, did he/she cry or give such a loud scream the neighbors heard?

bach

Funny in the end...only because all made it. This thread scared me for a bit because I keep both animals. My clam clamped on my net somewhat inadvertetly while I was doing general cleaning/sweeping stuff. They do not let go until left alone....I just dropped the net and about an hour later he let go. Now I am really hoping my hippo tang stays the hell away!!

shrimpi

Originally Posted by PrevWon
Sorry I had to...

I copied this to my photobucket account for later use when the situation arrives.
Thats the funniest ever. FISH JOKE. lol
... update, just showed my boyfriend the pic and he says "what am I looking at here?" he just cant appreciate this the way we can. haha.

reefer545

Nature is SOO COOL!!
Imagine if that happened when the dori was only a half inch.
Congrats and my sypathies at the same time
SWEET PIC!!!!

prevwon

Originally Posted by renogaw
someone needs to photoshop those two pics together
Well I got bored...Here you go:

sprang

Kudos for the tang living, but like I said before .....What a Clam!!! And b.t.w You have sweet a__ tank!

triga22

I just saw this and holy crap. I woulda taken that clam threw em in a pot but some butter and salt and went to town.