OH MY GOD!!! Grip of DEATH!!

mujtba

Sup all.. just an update. the blue tang is doing EXCELLENT... definitly a soldier!! not too bright, but tough... she should know NOT to swim near the clam, but still does!!! but ya, clam and tang doing well!

salt nate

she doesnt look 6 inches long compared to the oc clown in the background?
Why dont you put your finger in the clams mouth so that you can empathize with the hippo. Im sure the grip isnt that strong.

freshman

Funny...but sad.
My little hippo is so dumb, It steals food from everything.
I guess im not going to get a clam anytime in the near future.
I can predict this happening already.

grubsnaek

the 1st pic i seen was his avatar. then in post #47 is a pic, but before that no pics.
but great story all together. crazy for sure, but good ending

dse

Originally Posted by mujtba
http:///forum/post/2137404
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had my blue hippo tang since it was 1/2 inch and for over 2yrs. It is now almost 6 inches.
Today the tang decided to nip on my clam..
AND OH MY GOD THE CLAM GRIPPED THE HELL OUT OF MY TANG!!
I tried to use my TWO hands to OPEN this clam, but God help me... I could not do it at all!! CLAMS HAVE SUCH A STRONG GRIP!!
Im AMAZED at the clams defensive instinct, and at the same time, devasted by the soon to be loss of my tang!

I took the clam out with my tang attached to it in a large bowl..
Then I used a flat tool to pry the clam open just a tad bit to release my tang...
the tang came out, but had its face looking totally flat.. posssibly all bones broken.. it went behind some rock and will die most likley...
I HAD MY TANG FOR 2 YRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I know its nature, but DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN SOMETHING LIKE THIS!!! DEVASTATING!

ok i got to admit i laughed with the wife over the way you told your story but as soon as i scrolled down and saw the pics i was dieing on the floor laughing my wife thinks its a wind up.
but into total i don't meen to sound horrible just took me buy surprise i think lol

grubsnaek

yeah that pic just above this post where the face is on the ground and back end of body is in the air. looks like it was a goner. but your saying its pulling through. Has it eatin yet???

N

nemo_66

hey guys, if you didnt read the thread, which im guessing most of you didnt, in post #81, he stated that the tang is doing excellent.
i doubt that he even checks this thread anymore, as it is over a year old....
EDIT: the OP's last post on this board was in Feb. 2008, just sayin'

mujtba

Wow i have been SOOO busy that I did not get on the boards in such a long time...
I was just reading this post and it stirred up some memories!!

Tang and Clam are doing well!