Oh no! I got bit by the saltwater bug!

mynameis

Sorry I haven't responded sooner (had a few problems with tank). I did not get my LR from here because I found somewhere that was cheaper. $.70 a lb adds up quick when you are buying 200lbs of rock. Like all things you buy, shop around for best price/quality that fits your budget. You just have to make sure the place you order from has a good reputation (this site has a great rep but some things are priced higher, no offence intended) I do plan to place livestock orders here because of the quality/price they offer plus the fact that many other sites that have good prices/quality have a much higher minimum order for shipping and I just don't think adding so many fish at once is a good idea.
Now for an update to the 125gal progress: I ran into a couple of minor problems that needed attention. The firsy problem was a leak around the bulkhead of a return line that I have no clue to how it happened (good thing I was sitting right there when it happened). Noone was touching the tank, it didn't get jarred in anyway so cause must of just been tank settling or just my luck. It just started to drip and then it went from drip to steady flow. Thankfully the sump was right there to catch all the water. Easy fix was to turn of return pump, let all the water drain from overflow, then loosen up bulkhead, reapply teflon tape, and then tighten back up (easier said than done in a tight space). Next problem that happened was a piece of the acrylic that I had siliconed into the 55gal broke free so I had to turn off the return (again), drain the sump, scoop out all of the rubble rock and LS, dry everything up and then reattach the acrylic (there is no way this piece will ever move again lol)......the only good thing I can say about having to drain the sump was that I could install another bubble trap (had some micro bubbles getting back into DT) and also put in a tray so that I could place some carbon in every once in a while to 'polish' the water.
On a good note, The tank has fully cycled! All levels (Amm, Trite, Trate) =0 and it only took 10days! :happyfish
I am still waiting on the light from AquaMedics but they did say it could take up to 10 days before it was shipped out from factory....this hobby is a good lesson in patience for someone like me who has little to none.

:cheer:
:cheer: Pics should be coming soon! :cheer:
:cheer: