oh no, still no help

supalupa

I swear by cooler temps and higher calcium to cure most any type of algae problem along with some of the other things mentioned previously on this thread.

cgrant

this is what i test for and recommend you do as well if you dont already, something is off?
trates
ph
alk
ca
phos
mag
if it isnt get your salt to 1.025 w/a refractometer not a hydrometer!
running a phos reactor is a good idea when 1st starting everything up, a fuge should take its place when the macroalgae starts growing like a weed!
My ph was a little low like yours and i started dosing limewater (Kalkwasser),
my main problem was my mag was low and was causing me issues w/ alk, ca & ph,without getting in too technical the amount of magnesium getting into calcium carbonate skeletons is related to how much magnesium is in the water, i would test for all of the above and if you dont have one already get a fuge going, you can dose small amounts of iron to give your macroalgae a kickstart, it should make your macroalgae grow like weeds!
I use kent tech m to dose mag, i have been using coralife salt and seems to run a little low on the mag...unless i got a bad 150 gallon bucket?.

jerthunter

One thing that worked for me after all else failed was adding macro algae and adding some to my cleanup crew (snails and zebra hermits) A few days later the hair started dying and the cleanup crew clean it all up. I don't know what your setup is but I was able to put chaeto in my wet/dry and mounted a simple household power compact light above it let it grow.