OH NOOOOO!!! Wrong fish!

so i bought a red coris wrasse today. the LFS told me they were fine in a reef but i was not being smart and did not make sure it was 100%. has anyone ever had one in a reef? im worried about my shrimp and bar goby. PLEASE HELP!

chevs10

he shouldnt bother the goby but he will eat the shrimp. they eat shrimp small crabs and sometimes snails and hermits.

ninjamini

Originally Posted by stephenthefish
...the LFS told me they were fine in a reef but...
That is where you went wrong. Know before you buy and if you dont know ask here first.

keri

Originally Posted by ninjamini
That is where you went wrong. Know before you buy and if you dont know ask here first.

I think he gets that, everybody makes mistakes, not the end of the world, which do you like better, the wrasse or the shrimp?

scotts

They are definitely not reef safe and it will outgrow your 60 gallon tank. They grow to over 12 inches long if I remember. This is the exact type of fish that I bought and then learned to research EVERYTHING before buying it. I was able to donate mine to a local aquarium, so that someone would not make the same mistake I made.

scotts

I'm sorry, but the way you expressed it just cracks me up.
BTW did you also know that they change their coloration? Look at the fish page on this site. Down at the bottom in the wrasse section they have pictures of a juvenille red coris and an adult red coris.

what is funny about having my 3 shrimp waiting to be murdered! and yes i know where the fish page is. he is so cool looking tho. for sure coolest wrasse i have ever seen. and was only 25. so i duno what to do.

keri

Pry best off bringing him back, he's going to limit what you can put in there in the future plus he gets too big.