Oh, to be a normie!

lopeyc

It is not normal to order 23 button frags on ---- when one is, fundamentally, broke, merely because the pictures look pretty.
It is not normal to come home before a night on the town and find said 23 button frags on your doorstep.
It is not normal to come home at 11 pm after said night on the town to find said button frags floating in your tank and realize you still have to drip them for two hours, then glue them.
It is not normal to spend two hours when one should be peacefully asleep trying to get *$%&$*( bits of coral to stick to #*$&#( bits of rock (or, eventually, bits of plastic and glass and rock) when both are wet, all while cleaner and peppermint shrimp roam up and down your arms nibbling and tickling your skin.
It is not normal to be writing notes on a fishkeeper's bulletin board at 3:19 in the morning, thanking God you took your contacts out before your hands became encrusted with super glue.
But if those coral survived the trip, my clumsy handling and the crabs and snails that are going to spend the entire night trying to dislodge them before the glue sets, then it will all have been worth it. I think. Maybe. Possibly.
Anybody else want to share some moments when you wondered just what the hell you were doing keeping reef tanks?

lopeyc

Originally posted by funkyman

Thanks, funkyman. Glad I entertained at least one soul -- I think my girlfriend really started to wonder about me when I told her why I was so tired today...
It seems that everything has surivived and most stayed stuck. The variety of colors is quite amazing. HOwever, they all look so small -- many of the frags only have 4-5 tiny polyps (I put a bunch in my nano, where they look more impressive than in the 90!). If they don't replicate fairly aggressively, I'm going to judge this kind of frag venture not worth the time and money and stress.

squidd

Or try telling them...
"I glue animals to rocks...then I post pictures on the internet..."
:eek:

alohami

This is all so funny, but true! It's hilarious when you put it like that Squidd!
I am no different though, I told my husband all I want for mother's day is a brain!
:D