Oh Yay! I Got Him!

jonthefb

slothy, whered you get that guy from?
he is gorgeous. i wanna get a peacock mantis for my 5 gallon nano tank!
good luck
jon

jennarienne

one more thing...he will be okay just packed in styrofoam, right? i don't know how to send live crap, but that's how he came...

slothy

Originally posted by jonthefb
slothy, whered you get that guy from?
he is gorgeous. i wanna get a peacock mantis for my 5 gallon nano tank!
good luck
jon

ordered him from the LFS , it was supposed to be 3-4", its 6" long... HUGE !!!

polarpooch

Scottish Drunk (too funny!):
Hopefully this post won't get pulled...but since SWF doesn't have them (I actually asked first!), you can get them at www.ffexpress.com. In fact, they have one now. (but WOW do they want some $ for a critter most people consider a nuisance!)
They're very, very cool little beasts. Here's my Peacock Mantis (he's my baby, I'm so proud). He's in a 5g acrylic Eclipse. I'd been eyeballing him for almost a year at my LFS, and finally got him as a Christmas present...hehe.
slothy: groovy website. I liked the mist thing you have going.

jennarienne

okay reefsoe, he's on his way, let me know if he's alive when you get him, okay? and if you guys keep gushing about them, i'm going to have to get another tank and try and find myself one, lol :D ...slothy, that mist thing/music IS pretty neat.

reefsoe

That will finally give us a chance to meet an hang.... there are allot of people from NJ in here, we should get together and take over a poor unsuspecting LFS

robn70

Let us know when the shrimp arrives.
We could have gotten away with taking over Mr. Fish, but now its Mr. Party. So we are out of luck.:mad:

prater

One of my dive buddies lost his thumbnail to one of these critters. I hear that they can break your glass tank if struck just right.