OHHH GOSH!!! look what i done!!!!!

thangbom

well.. as some of u guys know.. i made some man made rocks a few months back.. well anyhow.. all this time it's been "curing" in the big blue ocean... i made about 200 lbs worth of this stuff.. and just plop it down in a clean ocaen..... i went to recover my rocks today and was i in for a suprise!!!! i coulndt find em!!!!!! gezz the ocean is BIG!!!!! my big bro and I looked for over 1 1/2 hours.. it was getting dark and the tide was comming up!!! but right as i was about to give up i found them!!! i picked up a chunk and WOW!!! they look great!!!! i mean they had lot of stuff on them!!! crabs,tube worm thingies,algea.. all sort of stuff.. they been sitting in the ocean for only 2 months and that much life grew on them... i could bearly tell they where even man made!!! wish i had a digi to show u guys and gals.. man im soo happy.. my 'star man' (it's a flat man shaped rock that i make for fun) was covered in stuff.. soo cool.. looks like the toxic avenger now!!!.. anyhow.. since so much stuff was on the rock i decided to cure in some more in a tube to rid of the crabs and non disirable stuff... 3 weeks should do it ina 150 gal tank.... there is absolutly nothing in the tank to feed these undisiables onther than sand!!! and onther crabs.. so hopefully by then i can add them to my tank... :happy: :joy: :joy:

teresaq1

Wish you had a camera. I made a bunch, its siting in my driveway. I dont live close enough to the ocean to cure mine that way. Wish i could though.

thangbom

... yeah.. how ironic... i too wish i had a digi.... heck if i had the $$ for a digi.. i bet i would'nt even buy 1 !!! for i will spend it on my tank!!!!!

thangbom

.. dint even know there was suck a thing... a digi disposible?? what have the world come to??? worlds full of "i wanna be COOL" peoples.. well .. anyhow.. imma look around for a camra.. see if i can borrow or what-not..

fireemt_us

Where abouts in Jersey do you live?? Did you make the rock and cure it here in Jersey or somewhere south?? I was thinking of doing the same thing but I didnt know if the species found native here would co exist in a tropical tank. Thanks.

thangbom

.... im in the atlantic county area.... and yeah.. i wasnt shure if they will co-exist either.. thats y im curing in some more in a qt tank... theying to kill stuff off that i dont need.. heck i i only want the tube worm looking thingies and the bacteria thats on and in the rock.. i bet i have lots of pods in there too.. (both iso and amp) but hopfully the iso's will die off due to the reason that that qt/curing tank have no inhabitants other than the rock and sand..