ohio swaps?

jhill5

I tried the site and it did not work, could you double check the site name.
By the way, the frags you sold me are doing great.
Jason

R

red79

Midwest Regional Frag Swap will be held Oct. 22nd from 10 a.m to 3 p.m
$5 admission with free raffles
The Underground
1140 Smiley Avenue
Forest Park OH 45240
(513) 825-8200

chad24

I saw your post and live here in Ohio. I am new to the hobby. Can you give me info about a "swap", I sure would like to go. Do you have to swap, or can you buy out right? I have lots of things I could probably swap out in my 75 gal but do not know how. thanks Chad

norm r

http://www.corareef.org/
Sorry about that link, this one should work. Look in the forum section, there is a thread started about the October 1st swap. If you are within driving distance it is a "can't miss".
I am just North of Columbus and always interested in trades/sales. I have various zoos, yellow polyps (frags & large colonies), favia frags, frogspawn, finger leather, GSP, pavona, bullseye mushrooms, palythoa, BTA (if I can get one out), etc..
e-mail me at adweb@insight.rr.com

perchpsk

Guys, right now I have some xenia and green star polyps that I can frag / trade. Would like yellow polyps or anything else.

weaponusmc

Glad I clicked on this thread, Im about to retire from the Marines within the next month or so (hopefully) and will be on my way back to ohio and get acouple of tanks set up. Im from Findlay anyone else from around this area? (N/W Ohio)

funkyman

I live in Lorain, and as of yesterday have two very nice pink pulsating Xenia frags to find a home for. I can post pics later if needed. Looking for rics or nice zoos.
I also have a 120 gallon tank for sale in excellent condition. $200 including an overflow.

weaponusmc

would love to get that tank, But all I know as of now is, I should be retired by the end of Sept and wouldnt be able to get it untill I move into my house in Oct. With any luck to me you will still have it.

funkyman

If you'd like to settle up for it, I'd be happy to store it here until you can get it. LMK either way, as an ad in the Trading Times starts next week and the last few tanks I've had in there have sold right away.
Congradulations on your retirement.

flux

How do you guys package your frags up when you take them to swaps? Also how do you know you’re getting what people say your getting if all the frags are closed up from being handled? Do you just take their word on it? Sorry never been to a swap.
Funkyman what’s your email I have a question for ya.

norm r

perchpsk, I'm in good shape on the xenia and GSP right now, thanks.
flux,
I use deli containers I get from Gordon Foods to pack the frags in. Some people use bags but I think that is more work. Package them up, put them in a cooler (heat packs in winter) and you are good to go. Some people set up a small aquarium w/ light to show the frags at the swap but most do not.
As far as getting what you think you are buying, basically you have to trust people. I've been to a number of these w/ good results in that respect, but you never know I guess. If that were to happen, word would spread quickly as this is a pretty tight community of hobbyists. The biggest problem I've had were some frags walking away once.

bud green

I'm new to this site also, and live just north of Dayton, and am interested in buying some frags. I am not new to the hobby, just new to the coral side. I am getting my 75g stablized before I begin to add any types of corals. All I have now is a lion and turbo grazer but want to add some nice plant/rock to the tank. I will eventually move the lion to my other 55g tank once I have it going. Anybody who wants to sell some coral/frags, email me at psiler13@yahoo.com.