ok an id thread that i dont think any one has asked

zap800

lol. here it is. i have noticed about 4 little white things on my glass and on the sand. the best desciption is .........they look kind of like a little white sea nettle. they are about .25 incheslong and brown spot in the center. they also scrape the glass with the front of thier body. they are round in the front and have a forked back end. my cammera is on the blink so ill try to get a pic later.

zap800

that was exactly what it was. a flat worm. well to continue this has anyone ever had any problems with these guys?

T

thomas712

Yep, I have a problem with the red ones. They are damn near immortal, they reproduce by fision and are quite unsightly.

meadbhb

Hiya,
I've got the red and brown ones in my tank. I've red that a six line wrasse will eat them. Though...my LFS told me manderians would eat them too? Any truth to this?
Meadbhb

T

thomas712

Well from my experience I did get a 6 line, but he really didn't put much of a dent in them if he ever did. I never saw him eating them, but the blue velvet nudi's sure were working on them. I've heard stories that the mandarins will or it was the spotted mandarin, but I'm not sure anyone has come out and stated that these were confirmed stories.
Thomas