OK fess up....

scotts

Cool Joe!

I honestly could not tell you the difference between a hot tub and a jacuzzi! I guess I should ask who went in a near boiling vat of water. At least that is how hot my wife likes it.

scsinet

If I'm not mistaken it's a brand name. There is actually Jacuzzi brand, then there are other hot-tubs made by other manufacturers like HotSpring and Thermospa that are colloquially known as jacuzzis.
Now there is a distinction too between a hot tub and a whirlpool bathtub. Unfortunately I have neither, which is strange considering I'm no stranger to paying to keep giant boxes of water warm...

lovethesea

and it was snowing. Our neighbor always makes us go in when its snowing, somehow that makes it better??? So much steam coming off of us when we all got out

soviettaco

My friend has a condo in Harbor Springs which we use throuh out the year. Typically during the winter with the lack of things to do we see who can last the longest by getting out of the hot tub of the inside pool and then proceed to jump into the mountain of snow on the outside deck. Its burns soooo bad. Funniest thing ever was when one of our friends locked himself out trying to get back in. He ran all the way around the building to the other door (which he forced open) and then jumped into the pool. He was slightly po'd that we just sat there laughing to say the least

And for the record I was in the jacuzzi saturday night

nw2salt08

Originally Posted by SCSInet
http:///forum/post/3229620
If I'm not mistaken it's a brand name. There is actually Jacuzzi brand, then there are other hot-tubs made by other manufacturers like HotSpring and Thermospa that are colloquially known as jacuzzis.
Now there is a distinction too between a hot tub and a whirlpool bathtub. Unfortunately I have neither, which is strange considering I'm no stranger to paying to keep giant boxes of water warm...

You are correct. Jacuzzi is an actual brand name for a hot tub. A hot tub is in essence a big, hot bath tub with jets. The jets are set in such a way that they help to massage the back and neck. The difference between the HotSpring and Thermaspa brands compared to Jacuzzi is that Jacuzzi has what we call jet packs. The backs of the seats are interchangable so you can customize the massaging jets the way you like them. Whereas, the other companies do not have this feature.

Sorry, I used to sell and work on Jacuzzi's hot tubs. lol

florida joe

The backs of the seats are interchangeable
do you mean the jets are interchangeable my Jacuzzi has both fixed jets and rotating ones

scotts

OK so we have a hole in the ground that you can heat up the water in.
Although it takes a little more than some 300Watt heaters.
For the record, I love the idea of being in there while it is snowing, at least on paper. I would probably be bitching the whole time that it is too cold. As you can tell, NO jumping in the snow for me.

nw2salt08

Originally Posted by florida joe
http:///forum/post/3229690
do you mean the jets are interchangeable my Jacuzzi has both fixed jets and rotating ones
Yeah. That's the option now. They changed the design. I did some researching on the shells. They used to have jet packs but got rid of them because of too many complications. But you can change the jets from fixed to rotating or vice versa. But that's pretty well an option with most hot tubs as long as you buy the right jets to replace them with. They're easy to chang out as well.

florida joe

Originally Posted by Nw2Salt08
http:///forum/post/3229804
Yeah. That's the option now. They changed the design. I did some researching on the shells. They used to have jet packs but got rid of them because of too many complications. But you can change the jets from fixed to rotating or vice versa. But that's pretty well an option with most hot tubs as long as you buy the right jets to replace them with. They're easy to chang out as well.

noah's nemo

I'm in at least 5 times a week(after i shovel the snow off).My Jacuzzi is old(15 +yrs) wooden sides,blue and white swirl design,nice little plastic cover for the light(red or blue,i like blue),anyway,mine also has all the little tiny air holes in the seats so you can have hundreds of bubbles rushing up thru your .....well,you know.Its like being in a giant boiling pot.Is that still an option on the new models?I love when all the snow collects on my head and you don't even feel it,ahhh.

nw2salt08

Originally Posted by Noah's Nemo
http:///forum/post/3230009
I'm in at least 5 times a week(after i shovel the snow off).My Jacuzzi is old(15 +yrs) wooden sides,blue and white swirl design,nice little plastic cover for the light(red or blue,i like blue),anyway,mine also has all the little tiny air holes in the seats so you can have hundreds of bubbles rushing up thru your .....well,you know.Its like being in a giant boiling pot.Is that still an option on the new models?I love when all the snow collects on my head and you don't even feel it,ahhh.
The air vents in the seats aren't really an option unless you have a full layout in your spa with the new ones. The seats are solid. Nothing wrong with having an older spa. I gave an older one to my dad that a customer traded in for a pool. All it needed was a proper line flush and a few jets replaced along with a new filter. My dad loves his spa to this day.