OK freaked out by Live Rock

cyclops

Well Last night I did a count on how many worms i could see and there where about 63 I > Is this too much? I have went to feeding only every other day instead of once a day to get Nitrats down. I am trying to get my fuge up so I can get 2-manderins, will they eat the worms?
Thanks to every one that gave me advice.

cyclops

Originally Posted by bsd230
I know an arrow crab will.
IS an arrow crab compatible with a fire shrimp and a cleaner shrimp, I heard there are not many things that can go in with arrow crabs.

goodwin9

Try using a red filter on your flashlight, worms won't hide if viewed under a red light. I have read that they will eat corals and are not the best for a tank. I added a couple arrow crabs to my tank to help reduce the population of worms. They have helped. I already had a 6 line wrasse that either wasn't going after them, or wasn't able to keep up. I have several other varieties of shrimp in the tank that haven't been bothered by the addition of the arrow crabs.

kidwicked

you should be careful handling live rock..
when I used to work at a pet store the fish guy was sent to the hospitol one day after getting stung by something on live rock.

cyclops

besides the bristle worms I have noticed somthing else last night, As I was looking for pods and worms I seen a brown furry crab smaller then a dime. I have had live rock for about 4 months now and just now noticing all of the cool stuff. I can not wait until I get more live rock.

cyclops

Originally Posted by Rslinger
furry crabs not good
thats what I thought, Why are they not good. Man I have all kinds of bad stuff in my tank.
Thanks

bacia

I found small bristle worms in my tank also. I put in a mated pair of coral banded shrimp from my other tank and they are taking care of the worms. I saw both of them eating one. It was rather interesting. I didn't see them catch it but I did see them eating it. They kind of mashed/killed it with their big pinchers and then ate it. It looked like it was stinging them when they mashed it because they would jerk the pincher back after a mash. I think they hitched a ride on the LR I bought from a guy that was moving.

reefkprz

psedochromis fridmani will also eat young bristle worms. they are good detritivores though as long as there arent enough to present a large bio load.

cyclops

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
psedochromis fridmani will also eat young bristle worms. they are good detritivores though as long as there arent enough to present a large bio load.
Thanks I am picked some out last nite with a pair of tweezers and they are ugly, anyone want any worms