Ok... I need some schooling! I need some pros

ccg24

Alright I was wondering if someone would give me some information on some of the things that grow in you tank ok...
the little spiral white things that collect on the glass?
the little tubes that grow and are white that have little tenticles reaching out? (don't retract)
and I have these little tenticles poking out of my LR and BR in a couple of spots there almost transulcent and the retract everyonce and awhile when I watch them?

ccg24

thats what I was looking for! thanks! anyother info will still be helpfull so anyone that wants to input would be great

dogstar

I agree with scotts...
2 of them sound like a type of polycheate worm
first is a tiny featherduster and the 3rd are a type of spaghetti worm.
These two are harmless
If the second one does not retract then IDK....maybe a hyroid of some kind. Could sting you and other livestock.

ccg24

Okay that was great it answered so many questions that I didn't even think to ask ever. but it still didn't help me figure out one thing I have been looking but never found a pic to ID it... I can describe it to the best of my ability but it's hard for me to get a good pic of it! anyway it's almost a feather duster to my guess but there's not tube it's only small tenticel like things I can't tell if there's a whole in the rock from where it is I don't think there is though but I have been watching it and it retracts and You can't even tell where it is when it's retract it's hard to see unless your gazing from the top of the rock to see the tenticels now it's whitish translucent and there are 2 on my BR and I have only spotted one on my LR

ccg24

I figured the I have spiralbid worms and Q-tip sponges but the last one is the one I"m still lost on

scotts

The unidentified thing sounds like it could be apstasia, or spelled something like that. Unfortunatetly it is a nusiance and not good for your tank. Kind of like a weed.

team2jndd

How big are the spirals? Turbo snails lay eggs in a spiral shape. They are about the size of a quarter though.