Ok I'm Giving Up !!!!

tropills

Ok i'm not really giving up , but I am on the whole halide light thing . But the question is now do I go with 2- 36" VHO with 4 bulbs each total of 760 watts or one 72" set of 4 with 640 watts only 100 bucks more to go the 760 watt way ????
By the way this is for a 72" 125gallon new reef.

jumpfrog

The amount of light isn't that much different, but, you have twice as many replacement bulbs to buy with the 2 36" fixtures.
Just my $.02

azocean709

Why are you giving up on halides? all i had to assemble on my rig was the mogul bases to the reflector and plug it in the timer.

dea_mt

halides definantely pay off when it comes to the color department. after all that is the whole point of having a reef right?

tropills

Have Halides on my 180 now , want to go the vho route this time around. you know try something different , it's not that I don't like halides but I don't like the amount of heat they give off and I don't want to install another chiller on another tank. so with that said, back to my original Question , what vho pak to go with ?by the way, thanks for all the input anyway.

saltfan

I'd go with the 2 36". this way if you have a light go out, the whole assembly will not be down, just the one set. Unless you have a quick replacement for it, it can do without until you do.