Ok Joe! Here I go! Mantis tank!!

S

shrimpy brains

Well, I really thought there would be some reaction to my putting a Cowfish in a 20g tank that will be housing a Mantis!
Oh well, guess I can't liven up this thread!

Real story is: I am just babysitting him for about a week.
Seems an area fish store thought it was a good idea to sell this little guy to someone for his FIRST fish........

I guess the guy did some research after buying it and ended up bringing him to my lfs, who just moved and didn't have any tanks set up yet!
So, I took him and am holding him hostage till my Mantis comes in!!!

Really wish I could keep him! He is so cute and cool!

handbanana

Hiya Shrimpy
I just found your thread...How come everyone hides their mantis tank threads?
I'll put mine in the soft coral threads... that should raise some questions

I like your tank a lot. I plan on converting my 55 gal into a peacock mantis tank some time in the next few weeks and am trying to get some ideas. Trying to see different tunnel configurations. What if I made two Tunnels, one on each side of the tank? just trying to get ideas. Hows it going anyway??
I'm still interested! How did everything turn out??

S

shrimpy brains

Welcome to Joe's Mantis Club!!
I thought the invert. forum was appropriate, but I like the soft coral idea!

I think a 55g woud be awesome for a peacock. Two tunnels would be cool. The only advice I have on these is to make them come out in different directions. (not both ends in front) In a 55g you will def. have the room to play with tunnel variations.
Unfortunately, the Mantis is on hold. Tank is currently housing a tiny Cowfish, and it will take a little time for me to set up her tank. I wouldn't dare try to put the Mantis in with her.

handbanana

Cool! I'm pretty excited.
I'm waiting to get payed and to find a peacock smaller than 4 inches. Id like a small one so I can watch it grow.
I'm Trying to find a home for my clowns and blenny as well. I considered a nano or bio-cube and asked about them in the nano thread but no one wants to help me with that so I'm gonna fig it out on my own.
Oh yeah...thanks for welcoming me to the club!
Ive been reading a ton of stuff from Joe and its really fascinating stuff. I really want to purchase a florecessing flashlight and glasses to see what my tank looks like with those on. but they cost a fair amount sooo.....maybe not.
Id say by next weekend look for my top secret mantis thread. gonna keep it on the DL...
Thanks again