Ok new plain! Need a bit of help...

stingrayjs

Looks like im going to have to build a custom setup to get the volume I want for my 125. I my lfs have a guy that builds custom acrylic tanks sumps, ect. Im trying to keep it simple being it has to fit in 24 inch area, but I plain on having it 16 or 17 inches wide. Let me know what you think, im very unsure about how high to make the baffles. Im hoping *praying* actually that the skimmer I think that will work ok, I will have enough room to remove the collection cup. Its 16.5 inches tall so if I sit it in the sump that will give me 5 inches of space to life the cup which I think should be enough. So to just clarify I have 22 inches from bottom to top in the stand. If anyone has this skimmer please let me know how much lift is needed for the cup removal. Im starting to pull my hair out, this is the only real snag in this whole setup and it seems like im all on my own.
Unfortanly the resize on the picture makes it hard to read. But I was palining on making the skimmer area 12"x16", the refugium are 10"x16", and then a small bio area thats 2"x16". Which is a weird layout. But its so far the best I have come up with for the sizes that I need. But if anyone has better ideas dont hesitate to post.
As always help is greatly appreciated.

keith burn

imo the skimmer after refugium skimmer will pull out food that refugium will nead.

and reef or fish only?
if reef no bioballs

symon

Bio balls can be a real problem ( nitrate trap ), are you going to ba able to remove them to clean them off?
I think things look fine, Me personally I would make the skimmer area smaller, and fuge area large as you can! where you are putting the bio balls, put some foam media instead.

stingrayjs

I made the skimmer area large because of the size of the skimmer I was looking in to getting. I was going to get a asm mini because of the hight restriction I have. But I think now im going to go back with my first choise of the AquaC ev-120. Which has a foot print of 8.5x5. Its an odd size tank its going to be 16-17 long by 16-17 inches high. Which will fit into the area I need, and I think give me enough volume. I have never made a sump or refugium before, and with anything new am constantly worrying if it will work out. Expecialy being its not a standard size and I will have to get it custom made here at an acrilic place near buy.
As for hte bio balls everyone always says thay are problems, but I have never had an issues with them in the past. But I put that space there that I think will work if I need to put some carbon or some other type of nag media. With the amount of live rock I already have and more I plain on getting, I might not need the bio balls, Im proboly going to have 100-200lbs in the tank. Currently already have about 100 im going to use from my 75 in the new tank. I guess im just going to have to run with this desighn and see what happens. I was trying to not over complicate it.

agent707

Typically, I see them configured like this.
Tank ---> Bio Balls ---> Fuge ---> Skimmer ---> Back to tank.
Or as recommended, remove the bio balls.