ok no more advice...

fishman88

from my lfs (lol what did you think i was goin to say?) i am looking into getting a kaudern's cardinalfish could i put ONE in my 29? i have a lawnmower blenny 2 true percs and a 6 line and i also have inverts and corals... will he be ok?
thanks
mike :happyfish

fishman88

i have 50 lbs of lr and just short of 100 lbs of live sand i have a bak pak cpr 2r and a 330 penguin filter. i ahd another fish in there with all of them but he went carpet surfing :(
mike:happyfish

jacksonpt

have your water tested twice a week for 2 weeks. If your levels read fine, then go ahead and add it. If you're showing more than 5ppm ammonia/trites, or 10ppm trates then you're already maxed out.

fishman88

0 amonia 0 trites and about 5-10 trates (i may have mixed up my trites and trates) but they are all fine and i do a water change 2 times a month
mike :happyfish

jacksonpt

double check them... for most reef tanks, 5-10 trites is bad... 5-10 trates is ok. IMO, 5-10 trates is a bit on the high side for a 29g, only because they can fluctuate fairly quickly in that size tank.
If you're one who tends to be a bit on the cautious side, don't get the fish. If you push your tank right to the edge, and can tolerate a few potential losses (which I don't recommend), then go for it. IMO, you're right on the borderline... you could be fine, it could put you over the edge.

shoreliner11

I would recommend against it. Just becuase if you have 50 lbs of lr in a 29, thats a lot of water displacement...so things might be cramped as it is. If you want another fish just go get an invert instead...don't add much to the bioload is why.