Ok now angels :) Which have you good luck with??

beattyr

Looking at one of the many e-fish stores online, I found one that breaks angels into dwarfs and regular.
How have people done with these angels in reefs?
Lemonpeel?
Eibli?
Bicolor?
and the seemingly rare
Golden Dwarf?
I know Flame and Coral Beauty do well, how about these other guys? Any pro's/con's that might make a decision easier?
Thanks again :)
Rob

shady2233

i have a coral beauty that i am more then satisfyed with. It is beautiful. You may want a rarer fish but i strongly recommend the coral beauty.

carrie1429

From what I've read about those fish they all are not totally reef safe, they will occasionally nip at corals or polyps. I know the lemon peel angel is not reef safe, but the others are not totally reef safe, sometimes they will eat corals and sometimes they won't just depends on the fish. Hit and miss. But I agree that the coral beuaty is a pretty angel but my fav is the flame angel, those I know are reef safe (sometimes).

bab

i think it would be safe to say that no angel is reef safe, they may not even look twice at the coral then maybey two years later they get a taste for it and wipe the whole lot out, personally i love angels particulary the flame which i would try anyway, good ;) luck

saltyrich

Definately don't get a lemonpeel. I didn't have great luck with a flame angel either. Coral Beauty's are hit and miss. I advise going with something else. It's a shame because we all think that angels are beautiful fish for a reef tank.

maryc137

I've had salt tanks for almost 10 years and have never kept an angel for more than a few months. I simply don't intend to try again, I'll stick with tangs. They are very hardy and I've had several for YEARS and YEARS.

ed bohon

Question right up my alley. I have a 125 gallon tank with several angels...this was a FO tank and about 2 years ago I began a transition to reef. I've had NO problems with any of the angels with any of my corals....here is a list of some animals of interest;
Angels; Blue Face, Potter, Flame and Rust Angels
Corals; 3 acroporas, several LPS, three maxima clams and some sponges
Other: Anemones, mushrooms, polyps, gargonynas, etc.
Again, my tank is has fish that are NOT recommended for Reef...maybe I keep them well fed???
What i DONT have are any butterflies....these I dont trust with my inverts.
Ed.

sterling

I also have a flame angel that I love. I don't have a true "reef" tank, but alot of stuff came along with the live rock, including star polpys and some other polyps of some sort, he hasn't touched them.