OK PICS working..WHATS THIS??

michcarp13

they are snail eggs i just had the same thing and not i have about 100 lil guys all over the place, i think they r cool and they still clean so i would keep them.

streetdoc

Let them be. If a few survive, then that is a few more than you had. The rest may become food for other critters. I must have near 50 or so small snails from eggs in my 210 now and I noticed more eggs in the 90. CAn't wait to see what makes it:jumping:

tankcrazy

Pretty cool to see!! I heard not many if any make it anyways. Would not worry too much about it. Just be proud yoru tank is thriving and things are growing and reproducing. You must have everything in line!!

jon770

It's funny...I found a couple of those a few months back and scraped them off because I didn't know what they were. Then, I got home yesterday after this post came up and there it was...another long stringy line of snail eggs across the front of my tank. WHAT A COINCIDENCE!
I guess I'll keep them on there this time now that I know what they are...
Just curious, but are snails born with little shells that grow with them as they grow? I always wondered that because I know crabs have to keep upgrading...:notsure:

bigarn

Originally posted by promisetbg
They look like Cerith snail eggs to me:thinking: I have had one make it to snailhood:)

Snailhood
..... I like that! :D

streetdoc

So i wonder if our aquarium inhabitants are still able to tell the season or lunar phase? I ask this because of people here starting to see snail eggs. I just woke up and found eggs in my other aquarium as well. Just wondering.:thinking:

vlondi

They may not know the exact lunar phase but all animals are on a biological timer; their bodies go through cycles even without being able to see the sun, moon, etc.
There was a big study on African sparrows or some bird like that. Life cycles continue at set patterns. Heck, they may even be able to feel the lunar cycles, but who knows?

g-dude

Originally posted by G-dude
Humph- i wonder how long it would take for those eggs to hatch?:rolleyes:

I hope my snails pump out some eggs as well. That would be cool.