Ok,so more live rock

lionfish28

Ok,i e-mailed this fish site(not saying the name)and i asked them that i only have 15pounds of live rock should i buy a protein skimmer?They said that i should buy more live rock and then buy a skimmer.Thats sound good to you?I ask my Lfs the same thing and they said the samething.

chris17

Ok, so what do you have in the tank?? You might be better off getting more live rock, depending what you have in the tank that is............but if you have animals that produce alot of waste then it might be better to get a skimmer.........

K

kistheeze

Standard school of thought - ie: 1-2 lbs of liverock per gallon (depending on density of the rock) is based on a medium load and a decent skimmer.
Having a very light load (ie: very few small fish) and no skimmer, you'd probably be okay with only a little liverock. Assuming you've got a DSB?

chris17

hhmmmm........you might want to go with a skimmer first, lions are pretty dirt fish, plus you have an eel and a puffer, a skimmer will be needed if you are wanting to eventually put any kind of corals in, but after you get the skimmer I would start getting live rock.........jmo

h2oengr

Lionfish, if you've got the time, go down to Venice Pet Center on 41 just north of Jacaranda and south of Shamrock. Ask for Neil. He's actually got a biology degree. Killer guy and best prices in the area. Tell him Chris & Christy sent you.

lionfish28

Why?Well i mean that in a goodway.can i call that store?Will he tell me i need a skimmer or more live rock?What are his prices on the lr/PS

lionfish28

And i think my parents will get mad if i ask them "i want to go to a pet store in venice to ask a question".They will say go to the pet store in bradenton and ask a question.

mobikobeyob

Dont spend your money on a Seaclone. IMO you would do better buying $100.00 of live rock then wasting it on a junk Seaclone.
Mobi:D