ok so , who has the best greeenery

coralman05

So I've been thinking lately to add some plants into my tank.. I'm not really sure what to get and what types to make it look good and be good for the tank.. ideas or pictures of yours would be greatt:))

S

saxman

What are you keeping in the tank? If you have a reef, you probably won't want macro in the DT, and most reefs don't really have enuff nutrients for plants to grow well. Now, for FO setups (ESP. SH setups), I can't say enuff good things about live macro, and besides aiding with water quality, it looks nice and gives a nice motion to the tank.

Another version of same tank:

S

saxman

You get the idea....we use live macro in everything from a HOB fuge that we use as a grow-out tank for tiny juvie Scorpaeniformes all the way up to our 100 gal volitans setup.

snakeblitz33

Macro is a great addition to a fish only setup, agreed. Some different types to consider maybe caulerpa racemosa, caulerpa prolifera, halimedia, shaving brush, umbrella, mermaids fan, red kelp, red grascellaria (sp?), pink galaxea (sp?) red grape caulerpa, and perhaps even mangroves. Take note from freshwater planted tanks - they use small plants in front, medium plants in the middle and tall plants in the back. You can really aquascape and prune macroalgaes to look really awesome in a tank, but if you let them grow out of hand, it can be a real eyesore. Most planted fish only tanks have more of a benefit if you use pink lights or plant grow lights than our regular white/blue combinations we use for reef tanks. Good luck and I hope this helps!