OK some suggestions and questions LOL

zackp00

Ok I will try doing water changes every two weeks and see if that takes care of it...........see told you i was confused if i continue will it hurt anything???

windlasher

Originally Posted by zackp00
http:///forum/post/3147613
Ok I will try doing water changes every two weeks and see if that takes care of it...........see told you i was confused if i continue will it hurt anything???
You can but, adding things tend to throw off other things, especially if you dont really need them.. I dripped Kalk for a while because I had a lot of stonies, clams, etc in my system but noticed that other prams would be off as well. Calcium, ALk, PH would all fluctuate, if I skipped a day or two, and then its a balancing game to get it all back in order.
I got tired of that and $700 later, I have a really nice MRC calcium reactor in place. Stabilizing the calcium usage also has the net benefit of stabilizing PH, ALK, etc. and its JUST THERE. after I got used to things being so stable, I now only check prams when I think something is wrong, which is pretty much NEVER. Granted my system is currently about 600 gallons and I am adding another 370 gallon tank as we speak. THis give me lots of room for error, (and laziness), but I am a firm believe that the more you can successfully automate, and the less you add to your tank the better.

zackp00

well i didn't dose this morning anyhow so I will just up the water changes to every two weeks and see if that helps all my levels are always stable so I will just leave it alone and let nature take it course

windlasher

Originally Posted by zackp00
http:///forum/post/3148065
well i didn't dose this morning anyhow so I will just up the water changes to every two weeks and see if that helps all my levels are always stable so I will just leave it alone and let nature take it course
Good Man! - Everything in this hobby happens for a reason, and the most often reason it happens is just to piss you off. Don't Help it out.