OK Tang people

krowleey

I have tried to get my YT to eat nori, and algae sheets. and he will not do it. is there a trick to getting them to want it?

buzz

May be a silly question, but are you fastening them lower in the tank with a veggie clip?
Have you tried spirulina flakes?
Does it eat anything? If not, there may be something wrong with the fish. It may not be your feeding attempts that are a problem.

alison

:happyfish Ya, I'd try soaking the food in garlic, it will help to stimulate feeding as well as ward off ick. Good luck, alison

krowleey

i have not tried soaking it in garlic, i wil lgive that a shot. as for the tang he eats like a pig everything i put in the tank, frozen flake pellet and i feed him formula two pellet and OSI spirlina flake along with prime reef flake brine flake, frozen brine enriched with spirlina frozen plankton and the variety pack. believe it or not he loves squid but i really wanted him to graze on this alage sheets like everyone else get thiers todo

buzz

If he is eating well despite the lack of interest in Nori, I wouldn't worry too much. That stuff makes a mess of your tank anyway. Mine eats Nori as well, but I hardly ever feed it because he tears it up and it floats all over the tank.

T

tizzo

I have found a way to help with the decinigration (sp?). Instead of just folding it in half, try folding it in half then fold the top over about 3/4 inch, then keep repeating that process until you have about a 1.5 X 1 inch square (but it's several layers thick) then attach it to your veggie clip. Anyway that helps a lot with it coming apart.