OK....Thats It

chris salt

Ok, I have had enough. Too many bouts with ich. Too much money spent on aggressive fish. I have decided to switch from agressive to a reef setup. Let me tell you what I am working with:
75 Gallon
Eheim 2227 Wet/Dry
Remora Pro Skimmer
4 65 watt Coralife PCs
130 watt Coralife PC
9 watt Double Helix UV
80 lbS. OF Live Rock
Maintain a temperature of 80 Degrees
Zero Nitrates
8.2 PH
I have been dosing with Agramilk
As for inhabitants, I currently have 1 tube anenome and a few small red Mushrooms
I would like to stick with LPS' and anenomes. Any advice?

pacopetty

aragamilk is crap switch to b-ionic or kent turbo calcium and you'll see a major difference. I would also add about 50 lbs of LR to the tank. imo
Other than that you seem to have a good start.

chris salt

No. I have had an agressive tank for 3+ years. Please do tell me, where did I say having a fish only was tough? Please let me know, because I am actually typing wrong information then

chris salt

Well, its not really encouraging. But its all good. Its summer time, meaning fluctuations in temperature in my tank which leads to ich. Besides I currently have an empty tank. I have always wanted to go reef. I think now is a perfect time.

chris salt

Now that I have your attention, Kip, I have nurmous questions. ******I am doing my research before I attempt any new life forms in my Tank******, just wanted to make it clear. But seriously, If I was to go with Zenias, Zoo's, mushrooms (Ricordea), maybe an LTA, colt & leather corals what levels must be maintained for these specimen to flourish?what additives do you prefer? Again, I will be researching prior to putting in my tank.

chris salt

Thanks Kip. Appreciated greatly!
You would not want to give me a brief overview of your tank? would ya buddy? ex.equippment, livestock, etc

debbie g

Hey Chris Salt, I'm originally from Staten Island. I still go back to visit from time to time. Where were you getting your fish from? All I could find over there were Petcos. My daughter is going to Wagner and it would be cool if whenever I picked her up, I could also come home with a new fishie :D

chris salt

I would recommend Reef Fantasy on Victory blvd, cross street manor road. It is across the street from Joe and Pats Pizza. Is that wagner college? or high school? Its not far from either one

debbie g

She goes to Wagner College. Thanks so much. I never looked up Victory. I pick her up this Friday for the summer, I'll see if we have a minute to stop by Reef Fantasy. Thanks again!
DebbieG