Ok the .7 gallon tank, for real.

reef diver

Well you all saw my idea for the .9 gallon tank. Well now ive decided to downsize. I found a tiny triple betta deco kit, with dividing walls. And it measures at exactly .7 gallon.

I cut out the dividing walls, a very hard process as it turned out, because of how they were layed out, as you will see by the left over seams.

I made a few small scratches in the process.
The tank has 4 small hollow legs, as you see in the picture above.
I decided to drill through one of these, and I will make an overflow for it. This tank will be connected to my mantis tank, and serve as a prey keeper/mini frag tank.

It will have 1 eggcrate level, glued to the side of the tank. The rest of the eggcrate will be removable. the eggcrate will sit just 1 inch above the sand layer. No powerheads will be needed, as the return from the mantis tank will be more than enough.
I will drill 2 small holes in the side of the nano-cube canopy.
As for lighting I will get a small light, or if I am allowed, I may try my hand at making LED grids, or just buy 1.
I may decide to use/make magnet fragholders for ease of use.
Its inhabitants will be:
1 astraea snail
1 Leander plumosus

5 or more nassarius snails (temporary)
Various frags from both tanks
Yes its small, but it fits my needs rather well, because I dont like having frags in my DT, at least ones that I make, and it may serve as a good frag holding center, for future use.

hammerhed7

well your under 1 gallon, that is about as nano as it gets, until I can figure out how to hook up a shot glass for a DT to a 100 gal sump
, I look forward to seeing it finished.

reef diver

lol, If you read above, Its a frag tank, hooked to my mantis 12 gal nanocube, ittl house frags I collect, and ones I make, until I need a bigger, and ittl have 1 astraea snail to keep it clean, a 1.5 inch SB, a Leander Plosmus (sp?) for looks and many many nassarus snails to keep as prey for my mantis so I dont have to go to the store as often.

reef diver

Well, update on teh setup of this, i have dimensions for the frag racks, of which there will be two. They will be one on top of the other. The return line will enter the tank, and immediately flow into a + section of pvc, with holes drilled, this will provide adequate, and well distributed flow. lighting wise, the small tank will be lit by 3 galaxy lights, one of them will be re-bulbed with an actinic. Also, due to size constrictions, this may end up as apart of my larger, 65gal total volume system.

reef diver

Nothing has changed other than an electrical taped backing to make it look nice. Because this thing is just an experiment at turning a cheapie "thing" into a mini frag tank, does anyone know wether hot glue can be used to plug up accidental holes ( I planned as i went then decided to change plans) Oh yeah, i believe I will test some LED lighting, however, I need some info first... Does anyone know the ratio for LED lights and the amount needed, that number, or its quality, is very hard to find, and I dont want bleaching frags.
heres a pic of the LED lighting, its the TAAM Rio, I chose it because it is balanced. In the reviews for the solid daylight version they were using to grow chaeto, so i think the wattage is correct. Its at marine depot if you want to take a look. http://www.***********.com/IMD/250/TA6133/TA6133_99.jpg

reef diver

Haha, sorry, no time recently, I have been considering using a large 10k regular compact flourecent for my fixture, just to complete teh DIY aspect.