OK, the damsels went in the established tank

maury

and everything is fine! There was actually a shipping delay on the order the fish came in, so the box that was transporting them, and some coral and 10 emerald crabs took about 48 hours to make the trip. Had ordered 3 damsels, and only one of the damsels died. the 4 pieces of coral, the crabs, two firefish and the royal gramma made the trip fine! :)
Well, the damsels have taken up residince near the back of the tank, and cower like dogs when the coral beauty and flame go by! ;) Of course, I'm sure when they get bigger, the little stinker in them will start to come out. ;)

clarkiiboi

glad to hear all went well. BUT, alot of people here, including myself, removed the damsels, why did you want to add them into an established tank with a coral beauty and flame? Just curious.

entice59

My personal opinion, get rid of them, unless you really like them, but they are very agressive and will attack other fish. like i said, if you like them keep them, but make sure you add them last... but its too late... try this meathod if they start attacking, i heard if you turn off the lights and rearrange the rocks and turn it back on they will get confused about their terrority and not attack each other... but thats what i heard

damselgal

Damsels are very territorial. The only fish they usually won't bother are the fish that are larger than them. They also leave starfish,shrimp, and crabs alone. Any fish that you get that is smaller than them, they will more than likely kill. This is unless the smaller fish was in the tank before them. Thats just my experience with them. Most of my damsels try to stay next to the heater. So if you have damsels that like it near the heater and you add more damsels beware that there is going to be a fight because in most tanks like mine you can't move the heater. The older ones usually set the newer ones straight after the first couple days.

oceanic110

Maury,
I see you have a Flame and a Coral Beauty in the same tank. Just wanted to know what size tank you have? I would like to have both.