OK, This is just too creepy

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3256477
I don't care that he cheated.... but he was stupid enough to do something that messed with his money maker... his image.
I'm not saying his Satan for what he did. I'm saying he's STUPID for what he did.
I have no idea Meowy.... he very well could be. I haven't read anything about it lately.
wish I was a stupid as he is. get divorced and still have millions of dollars............
I just find it funny. Tiger did what he did and the threads here go on and on on how big of a doushebag he is. Yet rothlisberger (a very big NFL star) is up on his second r@pe charge and not so much as a peep....barely gets a headline in the paper even.

mrdc

Due to the prenup she doesn't get much relatively speaking. However, there have been good lawyers to get around prenups.

bionicarm

SEVERAL million. Probably close to 25. It doesn't appear that this controversy has hurt his game much. He's -2 after 10 holes on the first round of the Masters, and the leaders are in at -5. He'll probably finish at -3 or -4. For someone who hasn't swung a club in almost 5 months, that impressive since this is one of the biggest tournaments on the PGA Tour.

mrdc

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/3256480
Yet rothlisberger (a very big NFL star) is up on his second r@pe charge and not so much as a peep....barely gets a headline in the paper even.
I thought about that and thought maybe it was because no charges have yet been charged. Good thing he didn't run an illegal dog fighting ring because then he would already be in jail.

mrdc

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/3256506
SEVERAL million. Probably close to 25.
Really? I've heard 5 - 10 million now and it goes up the longer she stays with him. I think after 10 years the sum goes up a lot.

lovethesea

Leonard Little killed someone DWI, never served a day in jail. Flash forward a few years, arrested on DWI again....never a day in jail or fine. Still playing football making millions.....and the beat goes on folks.
Cheating goes on every second of every day. Its just a matter of time before someone else in the spot light or government gets caught. Tiger is depending on it.

cranberry

I don't think anyone in this thread has dogged him for the act of cheating....
Besides being a great athlete, Tiger was all about image. I know nothing about golf or football. Yet I know who Tiger is and fail to recognize the other two.

lovethesea

everyone has come down on him. There is a difference between illeagal activity and cheating though. Government officials don't even get it as hard as Tiger has gotten it. Which I think is horrible. Tiger got into trouble because of who he was. Those types of people become drunk with their own power. NO ONE says NO to them.....ever. There are women that do nothing but chase after theses types of popular people and will do anything at all costs to catch that guy just so they can say they did. Being Tiger was an addiction of sorts, same with Michael Jackson, and hundreds more. I fault these media outlets that are giving the women their 15 minutes of fame. THEY knew he was married they still hooked up with him. Saving texts, voicemails, dresses, etc. The stripper has traveled to Atlanta to strip at a club while the Masters is going on. Hmmm, I guess that is on the advice of her attorney that she has by her side at all times.
what he did was wrong, we all agree, but not anymore more wrong than a lot of our elected officials. We seem to have a short attention span when it comes to those kinds of things.

browniebuck

I, too, think that the commercial is powerful. He has talked openly about disappointing his mother, wife, children, friends, and fans. He is now, in a way, facing the man that molded him into the superstar that he is. I see this as his looking to his father for guidance, forgiveness, and advice. I am assuming that there is a "sequel" coming...

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/3256480
wish I was a stupid as he is. get divorced and still have millions of dollars............
I just find it funny. Tiger did what he did and the threads here go on and on on how big of a doushebag he is. Yet rothlisberger (a very big NFL star) is up on his second r@pe charge and not so much as a peep....barely gets a headline in the paper even.
I think these guys have a giant target painted on their chest, until the turkey's get convicted, I won't hold that against him. I mean duke lacross, kobe, Roth the first time. It is all just people out to make a buck.
I just wish tiger had the balls to tell these people to buzz off. All these "self righteousness media flunkies" I doubt any one of them would be able to say no to the babes in tiger's bed. And doing the things in bed that they did.
Originally Posted by bionicarm

http:///forum/post/3256506
SEVERAL million. Probably close to 25. It doesn't appear that this controversy has hurt his game much. He's -2 after 10 holes on the first round of the Masters, and the leaders are in at -5. He'll probably finish at -3 or -4. For someone who hasn't swung a club in almost 5 months, that impressive since this is one of the biggest tournaments on the PGA Tour.
I think his definition of not having played golf in a while and most people's are completely different.

reefraff

Using the memory of his father to try to white wash his image squeaky clean again is what I object to. To me they are trying to set up the impression that he was a teenager who got caught smoking on something.
The script should have read "Tiger!!!!!, you bogart horndog, you didn't share with daddy"

mrdc

Yep a lot of these guys have a big target on them and some I think believe they have right to do some of the things that they do. The ones that have been stars their entire lives don't see the world like most of us. I think things were always given to them, laws didn't seem to apply to them like the rest of us, ... as long as they were still playing their sport well. And I don't just mean to get onto sports players but there are others like the Hollywood people.
Anyway, I am not the moral police and will never try to be that. Here is why I think Tiger rubbed me the wrong way. I guess I just saw him as a standup guy, a family man, a role model and a great golfer. I really don't care about him cheating but he did take go to a whole new level. The texts that have come out about him wanting women to say that they are his whore, or that he wants to pee on them, ... is a little crazy for someone that is not only married with kids but is probably one of the most recognizable faces in the world. I guess I call him a doosh for all those kids that he dissapointed. I know he is only human and we all make mistakes but I think he thought that he would never get caught. I was amazed at the long term relationships he kept with so many women. Anyway, this is all my opinion and I am sure that will still enjoy watching him golf.

S

smartorl

I think the difference for me personally, is that these football players aren't out there selling this wholesome image like Tiger has done. He has put himself on a pedestal, not as an athlete but as a person squeaky clean above reproach. I realize it's all marketing but he chose to allow himself to be marketed that way and earned money because of it. From selling the parents love story, to his relationship with his parents, to his teen years where all he did was golf, they didn't even call him seeing Elin as dating, they referred to it as courting, he has made alot of money off that image.
Frankly, he is such a nerdy looking guy, if he wasn't Mr. Golf, I really don't think he would be scoring the babes. My daughter thinks he looks like a pug dog when someone has been pulling on the leash too much. I tend to agree. Socially, here around Orlando, he always seems to be a little "Willardish". I was shocked because he appears so confident on the green. To see how almost repressed he acts, him scoring was pretty impressive, blew me away.

lovethesea

Originally Posted by smartorl
http:///forum/post/3256551
. He has put himself on a pedestal,WE did From selling the parents love story, to his relationship with his parents, to his teen years where all he did was golf, they didn't even call him seeing Elin as dating, they referred to it as courting, he has made alot of money off that image. This was all carefully crafted by his dad and handlers waaay before he was "tiger"
Frankly, he is such a nerdy looking guy, if he wasn't Mr. Golf, I really don't think he would be scoring the babes. EXactly....its not about looks. Have you taken a gooood look at some of those women?? ACK! Its all about being drunk/addicted to the fame/fortune. The people around them are as bad if not worse. NEVER say no to them. Look at Jacksons doctor? Jackson wanted that deadly drug (more was better of course) he kept a desparate doctor on his payroll and the good doctor complied. The list like this goes on and on. Its all about the addiction.

S

smartorl

I understand your point but, he chose to continue. We all have free choice within reason. Many, many incredibly talented people who are in the forefront choose to blend away into obscurity but it's not as lucrative as following the money train. Money isn't everything, often people realize this all too late, I think the self loathing from selling out leads to alot of the acting out. I am very close friends with a well known musician and have watched his struggles with coming to terms with "selling out" for the buck as that was not what his intention was but once the money train left the tracks there were dozens of people that kept it moving and he thought that money was happiness.
I can honestly say, I haven't followed the story much, nor seen the women. When I say much, it isn't by choice, initially, since the domestic incident happened here in town, it was all over the news and local channels ridiculously for weeks. Personally, I don't care what he does, it is between himself and his wife. I think it's been blown out of proportion but I do firmly believe when you set yourself up as being "perfect" and play to that illusion, be prepared to be called on it when you are revealed to be a human with issues like everyone else.

lovethesea

It was his choice for sure! If I was a betting person, I would bet tons of money on the fact that he was desparate to get caught or be able to stop. Addiction...rock bottom... Tiger didn't choose to be "tiger". It just turned out that way. Personally I think he looks great right now. His whole demeanor, the way he carries himself, his face.....everything....totally different. Like the world has been lifted. Now of course with this comes possibly losing his wife, but he knew that all along. Alcoholics, drug addicts all know that too. Losing their jobs, families etc.
I would HATE to have to live around where he lives. The media stop at nothing and is a total embarrament to themselves. They place anyone and everyone in harms way to get a grainy picture from a mile away. Like I said earlier, its just a matter a time before someone else gets into trouble, politician etc....Tiger is the first person that prays to that everyday.