Ok what do you think about this set up ??

nimo1969

I have 150g
FOWLR
1.SNOWFLAKE EEL ( COOL GUYS) Q=1
2.TRIGGER ( NOT SURE HELP ON THAT ) Maybe a bursa trigger or Humu Picasso Q=1
3. IMPERATOR ANGELFISH Q=1
4.Lyretail wrasse or Harlequin tusk Q=1
I would love to have a lionfish but I hear it could be a issue with trigger?? ANYONE OUT THERE WITH ANY IDEAS ??
NIMO1969 :happyfish

evanish

Please don't get the imperator. Or any other large angel. All larg angels need much larger tanks then what you have.

ams153

i dont see why a 150 would be a problem for that or any others actually its plenty long of a tank.. JMO!

S

surfinusa

sounds good but if you want a lionfish go for the less aggessive triggers but evenish is right a emporer angel wont work in there for ever but there are some other large angels if you dont plan on upgrading

boalgf

Sounds great. An emperor angel (Imperator) won't outgrow a 150. Most triggers can't be trusted with a lionfish, they just like nipping too much. Triggers, large angels, and eels go well together though.

titan

If you go with a Trig try the Pinktail,Hummu, or a male/female pair of Blue-Throats. More or less a better guarantee of a friendly Trig. Some people have outright nasty Hummu's but mine is meek. My Niger is the mean SOB of the three Trigs I have, and most say they are peacful! As far as the Emp in a 150 it'll be good for some time, but it being only a 5' tank something in the 6-8'+ will be a much better space for any 15" fish.

boalgf

Originally Posted by Titan
As far as the Emp in a 150 it'll be good for some time, but it being only a 5' tank something in the 6-8'+ will be a much better space for any 15" fish.
Did I miss something? I don't see where it says his tank is 5'.

titan

Originally Posted by boalgf
Did I miss something? I don't see where it says his tank is 5'.
Boalgf every stardard 150GL I've personally seen has the dimension 60"x24"x24" which is only 5' long. I should've asked his tank specs first as it could be a 72"x20"x24".....my fan club around now has a reason to flame me

boalgf

Originally Posted by Titan
Boalgf every stardard 150GL I've personally seen has the dimension 60"x24"x24" which is only 5' long. I should've asked his tank specs first as it could be a 72"x20"x24".....my fan club around now has a reason to flame me

Most tanks 125 and higher are 6'+. Unless they are custom tall tanks.
So which do you have nimo1969?

eaglephot

Originally Posted by boalgf
Most tanks 125 and higher are 6'+. Unless they are custom tall tanks.
So which do you have nimo1969?
No. Not with the 150. They are smaller. But he/she could have a 150L. The standard is NOT 6 feet. Go to any LFS and see for yourself.

ams153

the standard size 125 and 135g tanks are 6' so why wouoldn't a 150 be a 6' standard it just doesn't make sence to me!

titan

Originally Posted by ams153
the standard size 125 and 135g tanks are 6' so why wouoldn't a 150 be a 6' standard it just doesn't make sence to me!
I've seen a handful of 150GL tanks and they're 5'x2'x2', I'm not saying there aren't 6' 150's just the ones I've seen with my own peepers are 5' long...

nimo1969

Thank You Titan
Man its hard you want everything but you can't
1.lion fish ( must ) Volitan lionfish
2.wrasse Lyretail or pinkface wrasse
3.clown fish (maroon pair) cool looking
4.eel snowflake
5.anglefish ( would dwraf angle make it or food )
so what you think .....

titan

Sounds good to me
Just get your Lion mid-sized to small, and a fairly big dwarf. The Lion won't be able to engulf the angel till they're much bigger, and a well fed Lion could very well leave them alone. Not to mention Lions aren't the greatest of hunters, but angel off-guard is angel food cake for the Lion.

jerrybsal

I disagree with a 150 being too small for an Emepror Angel, I have one in a 125 FOWLR and it will be 7 years this summer.As long as he has swimming room and clean water he should be fine. Tank by the way is 6' long.

boalgf

Originally Posted by Jerrybsal
I disagree with a 150 being too small for an Emepror Angel, I have one in a 125 FOWLR and it will be 7 years this summer.As long as he has swimming room and clean water he should be fine. Tank by the way is 6' long.
Nimo says in the post right above yours that the tank is 4'. Not long enough for an adult emperor.
Originally Posted by nimo1969

Thank You Titan
Man its hard you want everything but you can't
1.lion fish ( must ) Volitan lionfish
2.wrasse Lyretail or pinkface wrasse
3.clown fish (maroon pair) cool looking
4.eel snowflake
5.anglefish ( would dwraf angle make it or food )
so what you think .....
This sounds like a good group, I think you could easily add a few more fish also. Like titan said, get a small lionfish and add it last. If you get a dwarf angel, get an adult one 4" or more. Lemonpeels and bicolor angels get up to 6" so they are better than a coral beauty or flame that would only get up to 4"