okay, not getting any answers on the reef board...broomer, ya there?

ntvflgirl

Long story, but to make it short, My ammonia is up. .25. I had one dead snail, Sammy said that wasn't it. I bought 2 new fish, fed them mysis, they didn't eat it. I took one side of my carbon filter out till I could get a new one, don't know if that may have contributed. My Sally lightfoot is at this moment eating my new freidmani dotty back. Didn't know they did that kind of thing, I'm not sure if I can get it out or not. She won't give it up for anything. IF she eats it, will that take care of it, or do I need to get it out? Right now, my tank needs about 5 gallons of water. It was neglected while I was gone a couple of days. My salinity is a little low at 1.022. And I need a water change. How do I go about changing the water, while getting the salinity up? Not quite sure how to go about this...I need a little hand holding...lol;)
The whole story is on the reef board Just look for my name...if you need more info. I'll be here awhile if ANYONE can help me. I've never had an ammonia problem other than at cycling.
Oh, and is it more important that I get the new water in as quickly as possible, or let it aerate till tomorrow?
Thanks.

T

thomas712

ntvfgirl - sorry :( don't catch everything. I would take it out if I could as soon as possable. Variables depend on amount of clean up crew, heck they live for the days that a fish dies. If I recall right Sammy doesn't take anything out he lets his clean up crew have it.
With ammonia climbing I would get it out, and do the water change. I would also run some carbon. Don't let your sally be a bully get the carcus away from him.
Thomas