okay some questions

silverz28

Well I just bought a 4 stage ro/di filter so I think im on my way there now. My other question is I ran across a friend with 2 55 gallons with stands and a 40 gallon with stand. My question. Im thinking about using the 40 gallon for a qt tank but the 2 55s Im thinking of coral. My question is will hob filters and decent lighting be enough for the coral? LMK im kind of trying to make up my mind on getting the other tanks. If it can be done looks like I might be adding to the collection

florida joe

Originally Posted by Silverz28
http:///forum/post/2884720
Well I just bought a 4 stage ro/di filter so I think im on my way there now. My other question is I ran across a friend with 2 55 gallons with stands and a 40 gallon with stand. My question. Im thinking about using the 40 gallon for a qt tank but the 2 55s Im thinking of coral. My question is will hob filters and decent lighting be enough for the coral? LMK im kind of trying to make up my mind on getting the other tanks. If it can be done looks like I might be adding to the collection
short answer yes

C

crashjt

HOB filtration yes but how cheap are you talking on the lighting...???

snakeblitz33

eh, I would say two 4ft VHO's is good enough. Power compacts get hot and don't have the lumen output. If your wanting to keep enough variety of corals - go with the vho's