Old 125 w/stand in Chicago

porfishguy

I just upgraded to a 200 and need to get rid of my old 125. This is an older tank without a center brace and is not reef ready. I have had the tank for three years and it hasn't leaked but when I moved it there was some water in the corner on the stand. There are also scratches around the bottom where the gravel was. Also included with be the DIY 30 long that was the wet dry, strip lights and a single 1in overflow box. $150 obo. I no longer have the means to deliver so you will need to pick up and will not break up. Right now cannot take pictures as my camera is in washington. This was a fresh water tank. Email me if interested mmoxley8 - comcast.net

porfishguy

A center brace is usually a piece of glass that is glued to the top of the fish tank to keep the sides from bowing or expanded due to the pressure of the water. I have glued 2 pieces of Acrylic for braces at the top. I am located in Naperville IL. As I mentioned I do not have access to my digital camera to take the pictures. I do have to mention that there may be a leak in the tank but not quite sure as it could have been from my water changes. The tank had been running in my bedroom for the last 3 years with 40-50 (more at certain points) chiclids in it and only recently tanken down when I moved to the 200. One last item is that there is no return pump included as my new setup required two of them.
- Mike.

treybomb

ok well do you think that you could fill the tank up with freshwater and see if there is a leak? how long have the 2 pieces of acryylic been on there? do u know when you will have access to your camera or any camera to post pics?
thanks
trey

porfishguy

I placed the acrylic on there when I received the tank from my brother. I could fill the tank up partially with water but it is currently on 2 stands (not the fish tank stand) so I am cautious of placing any further weight in the tank. Note that three of these stands held my 200 until I finished redoing the stand for it. So you are aware the tank is quite heavy (1/2in glass) and is like 72inches long by 18inches deep.

treybomb

did u ever use copper in the tank?
do u know anyone that could take a pic for you of the tank and then post it? or when will u get your camera back?
im signing off for now so if you need to email me at treybomb0033@yahoo.com