Omaha Zoo Aquarium

Today I got deided to check out the aquarium at the omaha zoo. Thought I'd share a few of the pics with you all.
Big peacock mantis

These guys are just plain neat. A nautilus<sp.>

A Sea Dragon

It was a fun day at the zoo, but I wish there were just a fewer people, I couldn't even get a full tank shot, to many people getting in the way.
Enjoy :)
Brian

regaldragon

How big is the aquarium section? I've been looking for a descent aquarium to go to lately, nothing at all in Kansas. Also, where is it located in Omaha? I might have to make a trip up there sometime soon, maybe on one of the nights I go up to see one of my favorite local bands.
BTW - nice pictures!

overanalyzer

RegalDragon - Hey - nice to see another Jayhawker on the board!! Whoo Hooo - Tell Dr. Bushman I said hello!
I too was an English teacher for a while - Grad. in '93.
Anyhow - do you know about the local discussion board for the area? www.fisheads.org ....
Check it out!

regaldragon

Hey there Overanalyzer -
Rock chalk! I don't know Dr. Bushman, but I will tell him you said hi if I ever do meet him. And, the link you had doesn't work for me, says the server couldn't be found. My email is patdavis@ku.edu if you want to communicate through that. I will be gone all this weekend, however.
Later!

Regal, It is just one building. The salt water is about the biggest part. If it was not crowded it would have probably take 15 minutes to see every thing in there. It is part of the Henry Doley Zoo.

lovethesea

Chicago's aquarium is pretty neat also. Tampa too. If anyone gets a chance to see an IMAX movie called "under the sea" you have to see it. I am dying to see it again if it comes to STL.

lovethesea

Correcting myself.....the IMAX movie is called "coral reef adventure" I was thinking of the other one (not as good) called "the living sea" :D