Omg Help!!!

ser_cyclops

just paid 70 bucks for the stupid cleaner crew. but here is my problem they arnt doing anything they are moving well some of them anyways i have like 5 im so mad right now i cant think but they are really tall cone shaped snails and they are not moving at all! and they are not cleaning the tank. so what is the point of the crew and i have tons of diatoms on the bottom of the tank i thought the turbo snails were suppose to get rid of this stuff can someone help me please. what do i need to do to keep it clean!!!!

michaeltx

also how did you aclimate them and what kind of snails did you order some dont like being on the substrate it bothers their foot.
Mike

ser_cyclops

it the nano pack cleaning crew and they got here friday. and i didnt drip i just stuck em in and they stayed in the water for about 4 hrs just because i had my mom come home and stick em in the tank so they wouldnt die out side while i was at school.

michaeltx

I would say its osmotic shock then starfish are SG sensitive and a large swing will cause this. just keep the water as pristine and stable as possible and hope for the best with them The may make it and then they may not only time will tell keeping the tank stable is the only way to giv them a chance of survival though.
Mike

kev

Are you using RO/DI water? If your just using dechlorinated tap water that could be the problem.