OMG listen to the deal i just got i almost fainted

milomlo

Connor I would love to get a couple from you if possible. I will buy them or trade you something - email me at miketracyowens at entouch dot net
Also - I don't see a real problem I went to the LFS today to see what corals they had (as I have a 39.00 credit). First off the guy sells all corals for 45.00 each (2 for $80) THAT IS RIGHT ALL CORALS! So 1 mushroom is 49.00 and a large hammer coral is $45.00. He can screw you and then again you could get a good deal. All depends. So I pick up a favia (rather large in my opinion) and I see a tiny starfish on a tiny shell. I tell him I want that little shell w/ the starfish on it. He says for $5. OH come one now seriously. I said what about $3. He says ok since you are buying a coral.
Little did he know I had a credit :joy:
While I was there. He was going to sell a mandarin to a NEW tank owner. (Mind you this is the guy a few months ago that told me there was no such thing as a magnesium test). He is the owner of this store.

I told the person he needed a mature tank with at least 100lbs of live rock to keep that fish alive. WE chatted a bit and then the owner says oh yeah you need a mature tank. Don't you think he would have sold that guy the fish if I hadn't been there? DANG RIGHT HE WOULD HAVE. :scared: He wasn't gonna think twice about it.

dme

I also agree that many people do owe Connor an apology. Do those people have the character to come forward and admit they were wrong?
Conner, If you feel that i did insult you which I not believe I've done for I did you that I was not angry with you because of your age and if so that you feel it that I did so, then by all means I do apologize for everything ;)

ophiura

Originally Posted by crimzy
I also agree that many people do owe Connor an apology. Do those people have the character to come forward and admit they were wrong?

Does this mean simply because I disagree with how he originally presented this, I owe him an apology? I don't think this is a fair thing to say or imply. :thinking:
I am very very glad that was the actual price and I commend connor for finding out if they were.
But I still did not appreciate some of the attitude and how this was originally presented. Simply because it worked out in the end does not solve some of the issues I had, IMO. I think there is food for thought there, not necessarily focused on connor per se.
I do not feel that anyone owes him an apology if they simply disagreed whether the original apparent scenario was right or wrong, so I don't want this impression that is developing that people are wrong if they don't apologize. People have a right to have different thoughts on the matter and they do not need to apologize unless they called names.
I am just very pleased that it turned out fine in the end and they were properly priced.
So, what if they weren't??
And if the store overcharges or hands out bad information, get back at them by not shopping there
. I can hear stories all day of how bad this LFS is or how they rip people off. It will never
convince me that it is right to rip them off in return.

crimzy

Originally Posted by ophiura
I do not feel that anyone owes him an apology if they simply disagreed whether the original apparent scenario was right or wrong, so I don't want this impression that is developing that people are wrong if they don't apologize. People have a right to have different thoughts on the matter and they do not need to apologize unless they called names.
You're right... and I wasn't implying that you were one of those people. I think that anyone who called him a liar, thief or cheater should admit that they were wrong and out of line. No need to apologize just for disagreeing, (or I'd be apologizing everyday).

uberlink

Originally Posted by crimzy
This is nonsense and there is no reason to demean a child, Connor. When did he lie? How did he steal? Where did he cheat? He didn't. To think that he did these things is to not know the definition of these terms.
Is it lying, cheating or stealing for a store owner to charge as much as he can for goods to make the most money possible? Is it lying, cheating or stealing to try to sell your home for the most money possible? Is it lying, cheating or stealing for a consumer to attempt to pay the lowest possible price for goods or services? No it's not. Again this is just good sense.
To suggest that Connor should advise the lfs to charge him more is simply outrageous. The employee, by virtue of his position, is given the authority to bind the store to a sale. What occurred in this situation is nothing more than a business transaction. There is no ethical or legal requirement that one party to a transaction MUST get the better end of the deal. That goes against the simple principle of fairness.
On top of that, you cannot assume that the lfs e/ee was just making up a price. There are many reasons in business why a particular item may be marked down. In fact, since Connor is talking about going back to the store today, it seems to be an effective marketing tool. The good price worked to bring back a customer who may buy other things. Connor as a consumer SHOULD attempt to pay the lowest possible price for the items he wants. This is a beginners lesson to capitalism.
JMO
So tell me something. If the atm machine kicks out a thousand dollars when you ask for a hundred, and if you keep it, would that be stealing? I think it would, even if it's the bank's mistake. The fact that banks are big rich corporations that occasionally rip people off doesn't change that fact.
Now, let's suppose these things really are $2.99. Then you might say no harm no foul. However, I would question someone's ethics for buying at that price if they thought they were supposed to be 100 times that price. ,
By the way, Crimzy, you're wrong to say there's no legal issue here. While I think it's a stretch to say there'd be a criminal law violation in any of this, the store would have an easy claim in civil court under an unjust enrichment theory. Just as you'd have a claim for a refund of money if you accidentally paid your landlord $5000 in rent instead of $500, the store would have a claim against Connor for the value of the goods or return of the goods. (I doubt it would ever come to that.)
Connor
: This is not the end of the world. It's not a huge deal. But what you need to do is call up the manager of the store, explain what happened, and ask the real price. You're obviously a good kid, and you might well have gotten the deal of the century, in which case warm congratulations. But until you know for sure, I doubt you're going to be able to enjoy those things.
Take care, and best of luck!

reefman22

Connor, I see you are from Boca Raton. I'm also from Boca. What store did you find these steals at?? The only LFS I know of in Boca is Barrier Reef off Glades and I've been there recently and did not see any blastos. What store did you find these at?? Thanks!!!
REEF

alyssia

Originally Posted by connor
who said i had a knot in my stomach? :notsure:

I think someone read Anthony's post about having a knot in his stomach.

connor

Originally Posted by milomlo
Connor I would love to get a couple from you if possible. I will buy them or trade you something - email me at miketracyowens at entouch dot net
Also - I don't see a real problem I went to the LFS today to see what corals they had (as I have a 39.00 credit). First off the guy sells all corals for 45.00 each (2 for $80) THAT IS RIGHT ALL CORALS! So 1 mushroom is 49.00 and a large hammer coral is $45.00. He can screw you and then again you could get a good deal. All depends. So I pick up a favia (rather large in my opinion) and I see a tiny starfish on a tiny shell. I tell him I want that little shell w/ the starfish on it. He says for $5. OH come one now seriously. I said what about $3. He says ok since you are buying a coral.
Little did he know I had a credit :joy:
While I was there. He was going to sell a mandarin to a NEW tank owner. (Mind you this is the guy a few months ago that told me there was no such thing as a magnesium test). He is the owner of this store.

I told the person he needed a mature tank with at least 100lbs of live rock to keep that fish alive. WE chatted a bit and then the owner says oh yeah you need a mature tank. Don't you think he would have sold that guy the fish if I hadn't been there? DANG RIGHT HE WOULD HAVE. :scared: He wasn't gonna think twice about it.
i will email you now!!

connor

Originally Posted by Caillou
what size are you in the market for? I've got various shapes and sizes.
pretty colors and all sizes email me its teamski4ever AT adelphia DOT net

susieq

I went to Walmart today to buy a blender but there wasn't any price tag on it. The cashier said it was 9.99 and rang up the order. I thought it might be more but I didn't argue with the cashier. I check the price on line when I got home and it was 14.99. Did I steal the blender?

reefman22

haha susieq, take no offense in this statement but I think we've come to the conclusion that Connor didn't steal the corals lol and I don't think you stole the blender either :)
REEF

connor

Ps clliou and mimonlo the frags only have 1-2 heads 1 has 9 but i will only trade that for something awesome

sw65galma

The one unknown is the real price....We don't know that the owner didn't get that stuff for free from another hobbist getting out...Maybe he didn't have the proper space or setup and wanted to get rid of them quickly....
My point is there are to many unknowns to say anything either way.
Unless the Owner gets in contact with him personally and tells him they were drastically wrong and if he'd mind returning them.....there is no reason to assume they were the wrong price.

susieq

Originally Posted by Reefman22
haha susieq, take no offense in this statement but I think we've come to the conclusion that Connor didn't steal the corals lol and I don't think you stole the blender either :)
REEF
My mistake, this thread has gotten so long since this morning that I lost my place. What a debate!!