OMG! SOS! HELP!

mylady

Deep breathe, deep breathe. hubby, if you are on, don't read this!
OK, I've been in charge of the tank while hubby is gone. He's supposed to be home sometime tomorrow, finally. So I thought I would surprise him and get him a new frag of zoas since he loves them so much. So when I went to the LFS to get my blenny I let our daughter pick out a small frag of zoas. They are orange on the outside and purple in the middle, at least under their MH lights. So I come home with the frag and the fish and start the acclimation process. Then I realize at 2:50 that I am supposed to be someplace at 3pm that takes 30 minutes to get to. I cut the acclimation time by 10 minutes. So instead of an hour and a half of drip acclimating I did an hour and 20 minutes. Sooooo, in my rush to get the zoas in I DROPPED them and they fell almost to the bottom between a bunch of rocks and I CAN'T reach them! The only way to get to them would be to pull apart the rock work, which is not something I want to even attempt. I HAD to run, after getting the blenny in, to go pick up the foster cat from the adoption clinic that once again, didn't get adopted. Anyway, when I got back, an hour later I checked on the zoas and they have partially opened. Does this mean I haven't doomed them to death before hubby can get home to help me? Can they wait 24 hours or so before getting rescued and put higher in the tank closer to the light? I just wanted to do something nice for my husband and feel like I totally screwed up. They are getting some light.
ALSO, since the one gallon of RO water was cracked by our son I needed more RO water to top off as it's right at that "bare minimum" line hubby marked and the dang machine is broken again at Walmart! I have no idea how fast the water evaporates and if it can wait until possibly late tomorrow before i try to find another place of RO water. I know of one other place that sells it, but it's a bit of a drive and not open 24 hours and I have to be somewhere in, gosh, ten minutes. Just frantic! How do single parents handle it? I've had my two amazing kids since Wednesday by myself for 24 hours a day and I just need a little break. They are not being anything but kids, but I am not used to never having any breaks or breathers and I am going a little insane. Plus I haven't slept more than a couple hours at a time through the night in days, leads to me being totally frazzled!

flower

Everything is fine! The zoa will last and so will the water as long as it does not drop below about 1 inch, it won't even change the SG and a slow change won't hurt the tanks critters at all.

ibew41

1 day is fine when shipped they are in the dark so dont worry,also a little high on the sg wont hurt being 1 day

btldreef

They'll be fine!
As for the water, you should be okay. If you really think that you're going to need more before he's home, just buy bottled distilled water from the grocery store. Heck, I've even used Poland Spring when in a jam, it's fine.

mylady

Thank you! I broke down and told hubby. He said everything would be fine as well. Just very stressed right now.