OMG the heat down here is unbelievable

vpotts28

I am so bored, confined to the house all weekend. Here in Atlanta we are going to reach our 4th straight day above 100. I know in the west it stays this hot, but this heat is different. We have set records the past three days, it is already 97 degrees here. It has topped 103 the past two days. I have so much house work to do outside. Looks like the aquarium is going to get some extra attention. Anyone in the SE doing the same? I know the Carolinas are getting pounded aswell.

bbb

This past week we were either right around 100 or over and the heat index was somewhere around 105-110+. It started cooling down yesterday after it rained fairly well. Now it feels pretty good outside.

jacknjill

ah its been insane here!!! 102 for the past couple days! But today its finalllllly cooling down to 90 because i think its supposed to rain. And this isnt dry heat, oh no this is the thick humid hard to even BREATHE in heat! its terrible

earlybird

Still hot down here in sw fla. Went fishing last night thinking it won't be so bad because the sun was down. Managed to keep the sweat in for about 30 seconds. I did get a fish though and about 40 skeeter bites.

S

smartorl

It is sssoo hot here in Central Florida. Even the pool is too hot to enjoy!

seasalt101

Originally Posted by smartorl
It is sssoo hot here in Central Florida. Even the pool is too hot to enjoy!
and if i remember right a cold showe is about 85 degrees, iced tea and shade or the ac cranked is the only remedy i know of good luck with the heatwave...tobin

sign guy

it got 102 about 30 min south of atl today and the soles of my boots melted when putting up a sign on a black top roof thursday. I mean hot!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
No kidding, I've barricaded myself in my house with dvds and freezer cooled diet Pepsi. I've keep the shudders closed to try and keep the house cooled down and all the ceiling fans are going.
The heat is so bad, its dangerous. Should be better next week, though. We get these bizarre thunder and lightening storms every day. Today it was so bad, I swear the thunder was non-stop for 1 solid hour this afternoon. I mean no break in the thunder and lighten bolts....but no rain. It reminded me of the opening scene for War of the World. Very wearied weather.

lazypinoy

wow really? its only been at the high 70s low 80s around here in southern california. hope u guys have chillers.

grumpygils

My AC bill is going to be crippling. My DT tanks are hovering at 82-83. I only have one chiller and that is in the garage on a 100g frag tank. I was pleased to see that even though the garage temp was 106, my chiller stayed at 82. Hopefully, it is over!
Mc

yerboy

yah im in that heat wave to here in Tennessee, 4th straight day over 100deg also. My 265 tank was 86 deg so i unplugged all the halides on it and left just the PCs running. Now its running around 83 , not great but better then 86+

digitydash

Originally Posted by autofreak44
in between monsoonal storms its constantly over 100 here in arizona (visiting family)
I agree but a 100 deg with no humidity and 100 deg with 85% humidity is alot different.I cant wait till November.