Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Calvertbill
Sooo many questions raised.
1. RULE: No multiple Angels or they'll fight. (I saw multiple angels)
2. RULE: Species A,B,C,etc. NOT reef safe...(seems like lotsa NRS fish in here)
3. RULE: Must have adequate water movement (how do you even BEGIN to aim powerheads in a monster like this???)
4. I thought about the overcrowding thing, but greater minds than mine...
5. It's your job, should you choose to accept it...there are so many species in that tank with ZERO tolerance to any cupric salts...can you imagine having to catch all those fish to go into QT??? (wash my mind out with soap!)
Bottom line? It works and I stand in awe. I don't think I'm envious 'cause I'm sure I'd

[hr]
up in maintaining it...but I sure wish it was someplace close so I could visit and just watch...public aquaria should have lounge chairs!
It all boils down to the bigger your tank is the more "rules" you can break. There is more than one angel in the ocean.

grabbitt

Originally Posted by donald
That rock work is crazy, I bet there is stuff in there that no one has ever seen (hitching in).
What rock? You can't even be sure there is any in there cuz it's completely covered in coral!!!!
Sigh... so much envy.

halamaya

I thought his tank was awesome but sort of common. I thought to see more uniques. He did have some cool variations though. 8 minutes is no where near enough time to see 1700 gallons. So jealous.

nu2salt

i really don't think the bioload is a problem when you run 3 skimmers and change out 700 gallons of water every month that takes 4-5 days to do.
what i like is the fact that yes this man is a multi millionaire and owns deltec but he does all the upkeep on system.
and something i found a little funny was with all the so called better salt on the market he uses a 50/50 blend of instant ocean and instant ocean reef crystals.
just my 2 cents.
it is a beautiful tank tho. wish i had one like that.

sk8shorty01

Originally Posted by NEreef
cool tank. the fish of which you are speaking is a color morph of Z. scopas.
the other one is an orange shoulder tang.
I see the orange shoulder tang, but I dont think that is the fish he is talking about. The fish I believe the question was about is a fish that is the same body shape as a yellow tang, but it seems to be missing some of its pigmintation. I would say it is a color mutation of a yellow tang.

N

nereef

the fish that looks like a yellow tang with missing pigment is a color morph of Z. scopas. someone on this message board had one. i'll try to find the thread.

monkdaily

Originally Posted by sk8shorty01
I see the orange shoulder tang, but I dont think that is the fish he is talking about. The fish I believe the question was about is a fish that is the same body shape as a yellow tang, but it seems to be missing some of its pigmintation. I would say it is a color mutation of a yellow tang.
yeah thats right the one thats like yellow and brown??

fishissues

whoa talk about high amonia levels going through the roofs! you couldn't even tell if one dies. and i saw a couple triggers those guys would kill all the damsels. Also those tangs would fight to the deaths. I liked that white tailed tang what type is that?

grubsnaek

again the bigger the tanks the more room for trial and error. he has to have some help and besides he has to have much knowledge and experience........so i say go for it...

alex4286

when you got a tank like a 1,700 gallon.. who needs rules? lol thats like a piece of the reef. truly amazing!!

janastasio

Wow, great video. I sat awed for the whole 9min.! I also loved the yellow and black tang! I want one, I want one! So not to seem stupid, but whats deltec?

N

nereef

yep. high-end skimmer, pumps, reactors, ect.
i can't find that thread with the guy with scopas tang. i wonder if it got thrown out when angel guy or whoever left.

C

calvertbill

I'm a relative newbie but I'd love to know what that tall centerpiece plant/caulerpa thingie is! I want one!!!

1journeyman

Folks, please remember to abide by the forum rules. Links to competitor sites, sites that have adds to competitor sites, other forums, etc. are not allowed.