on a scale of 1-10...how bad is a snowflake eel?

grabbitt

Originally Posted by eelfan77
my snowflake eel is awsome. when i feed him he will come right up in my hand and eat the shrimp. I make a little circle with my fingers and he goes through my fingers over and over again. He lets me pick him up out of the water to. he is the coolest thing i ever had.
I'm jealous. When I try to handfeed my sfe, he ignores the krill and goes straight for the hand that's holding it

jkcrumb

my eel turned out to be a damsel clean up crew............I wanted them out of my tank anyway and he was alot more successful at catching than I was.
Still felt bad for them though. I didnt realize what was going on until there was only one damsel left. I jst thought they were hiding
(look close)

He's since been removed from my tank

sk8shorty01

I have had my SFE for about 9 months now and he has been nothing but great in my otherwise peaceful community tank. He is in a 55g with a tiny Scopas Tang, a small Yellow (these are all going in my 220g when they get a little bigger, right now they would be clown trigger food though) a firefish, a golden head sleeper, a percula clown along with all of my hermits and snails. He eats anything that I put in the tank in front of him (silversides, shrimp, clam) but doesnt touch any of my fish. I think your statistics on the eels are a little bit distorted because it is always more likely for someone to complain about something before they praise something (if you have ever worked in a customer service type of job you know what I am talking about). I dont mean that people are just complaining about the eels, I am just saying, you are more likely to voice a negative feeling, than a positive. Think about it this way. If you go to a restaurant and your waiter/waitress is horrible, you might go tell the manager that your service was not at all what you were expecting, but if the server was great, you will probably just leave your tip and walk out the door. Its not the best example but it works.