? on magnum canister filter

wildblue4

i have a magnum 350 canister filter. i have always used magnum can. before this one. when it runs it puts tiny bubbles into the tank. i can see no air in the canister itself. dont know where they are coming from. maybe from around the lid? just not sure. anyone ever had this problem without seeing air inside the canister?

underthesea

Check to make sure everything is sitting correctly when you put the filter together. Also try letting the filter run for a while like a day to see if it clears it's self.

catera

i had that problem seems to happen every now and again. i just opened two of the metal brackets and just slowly started opening the top til the water started to dribble out the top. (off) then snap it back together, that seemed to help me and i also change the filter somewhat often. hth

aquanovice

I too have had the same problem with small bubbles and with the canister not sealing. The first thing Marineland said to check,which usually fixed it was the o-ring on the lid may have a small cut or buildup on it. Take it off, clean it, then apply a marine safe lube or removable strength sealer. Hope this helps