? on my mushrom

buick392

I was woundering if any type of mushroms reproduce. If they do how long will it take for my mushrom to reproduce a different one?

mushrooms definitely reproduce. They do it by moving and leaving a trail behind. That trail grows into a new coral.
I hate mushrooms . . . they spread too fast. Once it starts, it will never stop.

rwhite

Ours definitely reproduce as described. Our oldest shrooms are still under a year and they repro, but slowly for us. My guess is that once they've covered a rock, then they'll spread elsewhere, preferably to a well placed rock to share with friends or possibly a little cash back from the LFS.
We just got some green shrooms and 6 hairy shrooms bout amonth ago, so they havent done anything yet. Heard that hairy shrooms split, true?

buick392

What do you mean by its splitting? my mushrom left a peace of its root on the rock and moved a 1/4 of an inch. does that mean that it reproduced. How long will it take to grow for some one to see it?

Originally posted by buick392
What do you mean by its splitting? my mushrom left a peace of its root on the rock and moved a 1/4 of an inch. does that mean that it reproduced. How long will it take to grow for some one to see it?

yep . . . about a week and it will be recognizeable as a shroom. A little one, but a shroom none the less.