Online-ordering.....

justnu

Has anyone had luck with products being shipped? Particularly fish?? Disappointing day at the pet-store yesterday. Canadian prices seem ridiculous!!! For example:
This site Manitoba CANADA
Clown trigger $70 250!!!?
percula clown $10? 30
flame angel $40 100
Thanks in advance!:> )

davidcanupp

Those prices don't look so terrible to me. Especially a Flame Hawk for $40 or a Percula for $10. Flames in Alabama are $65 and Percula's are around $21. HTH-David

vkesu

In Missouri, I can't even look at a fish for much under $30.00 . Corals are now running a min. of $60.00. I have had a lot of luck with mail order. Find an company that has order pooling which will allow you to share freight with locals in your area. Check your prices! If you do have a lfs, it would be nice to view the merchandise first!

templar

Guys I think he meant the first prices are the online prices and the second prices were the canadian LFS prices.

H

here fishy

I have had great luck ordering from this site. As long as you follow the instructions to the tee when acclimating your purchase to the tank they will do fine. JUst make sure your conditions are good particularly with inverts....

Heck..if I could get away with paying only 10 bucks here in southern alberta for a percula I'd have a whole tank of them!!!
I paid about 50 plus tax for my coral beauty, 25 for one perc, 25 for blue spot goby, 30 for cleaner shrimp.
My lfs currently has an XL Emperor Angel for 500!!! Yes..five hundred!! If I had the big tank for him, I'd get him too!

blutang

My only advise would be to hurry up and acclimate them......don't leave them in the shipping foam box for long....after all they have already been in there for a while.
Later!

Those prices canadian, cuz i think $20 canadian is equal to 50 cents american? Lol just rippin on ya, but are they canadian prices.

ebeckels

i'm pretty sure that a lot of online places get their fish from the philipines. I am pretty sure this store does and i know of a few others that say they don't order fish from the philipines, but they do. I'd be careful about that when ordering fish from an online store. other than that, i've had great sucess orderin inverts and corals online...including ----.

justnu

Thanks for the responses everyone, and yes the FIRST price is the price from this site and the second is the price I was quoted here in Canada.Look forward to hearing more. As for the presponse form Alberta, yes, I can get a coral beauty for $50 also, but have you seen the US price for one on this site?? unbeleivable. What I am interested in is a flame angel, but for $100.00 CAN compared to this site I might cosider having them shipped to me.
Thanks again!

dasnake03

I have ordered online several times,I have found that it is best only to buy fish when it says the location they came from,because if it doesn't say were it came from then it came from the Phillipines.

JustNu, I know..the exchange is disgusting and the stores here are so over priced it makes me ill. I actually ordered every little bit of equipment for my SW tank online (except the tank) and saved over 300 bucks doing it too. Anything little thing I need now though I buy from one small lfs, once they get to know you as a serious fish fanatic then getting supplies /fish ordered isn't a problem.