only in the morning???

thebigelk

very first thing in the morning when i turn my aquarium light on. my 2 blue reef chromis appear to have salt grains on there bodies, almost like ich. but after a few hours it totally disappears. it does not show the rest of day or night. but as soon as i turn on the light in the morning, there it is again.. whats up with this???? :D

ebeckels

well...if u don't have sand, you may have ich. I'd start feeding the fish garlic soaked foods and see what happens.

thebigelk

this makes no sense. i left my lights on for 4 days straight and not one sign of ich on my fish. then on the 5th night i shut the lights off for the entire night. and woke up to find the white grainy particles on the fish. i am lost as to why it only appers after the lights go off for a night?

mikesfishbowl

what a relief, being a novice saltwater trigger-keeper (niger and huma huma)i was saddened this morning to see my niger laying on his side under the filter tube, when i reached in to retrieve his carcass he twitched and "came to life" then i saw that he was covered with spots. the mention of sand covering him now makes sense. even though i have crushed coral, whenever i vacuum the tank i notice lots of "sand" like specks getting picked up. i guess i'll find out when i get home tonight. btw. my huma huma didn't have spots this morning, but he was sleeping in a rock instead of the gravel bed.