only in this hobby

vavoom

All so true, especially the buying 1 shrimp

How about taking over the kitchen with buckets, & mixing tanks to put salt in the best drinking water available.
Only goes to show that fish come first in our lives
:happyfish :happyfish :happyfish

robn70

Originally posted by overanalyzer
How true!!! Freaking hilarious!

Then try explaing to the HD guy why you can't use the other sand that he is trying to sell you...
:D

purity

paying $$$ on feesh, coral, & inverts.....then coming to the boards after each purchase and starting threads like:
"should i have got this? what do i do with it?"

vavoom

Originally posted by Purity
paying $$$ on feesh, coral, & inverts.....then coming to the boards after each purchase and starting threads like:
"should i have got this? what do i do with it?"

Yep, nothing like after the fact ???'s

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Explaining to the Seafood "butcher" that all that nice fresh seafood he's packing up for me is for my fish.
Getting excited over a mess of snail eggs deposited on the front glass of the aquarium.
Turning out all the lights and looking at your tank in the dark with a flashlight.
Explaining to baffled friends/family why I am handfeeding a bristleworm.
Why do I need 3 other tanks to support 1 fish tank? [QT, SW mix tank, FW top of tank].
How can you pay $40 shipping for a handful of snails and worms??? :scared:
Finding satisfaction in a disgusting skimmer cup full of smelly sludge.
Allowing diatoms to cover up the front glass of the display for few days just so that my giant trochus has a treat.
Explaining to a family member that they need to feed the fish because they are used to eating now and I"m going to be a little late getting home. :rolleyes:
Having a fit when someone goes fishing and expect me to be ok with it.

Avoiding cleaning equipment because I might kill a pod or a baby brittlestar or bristleworm. [Man, this one really kills me.]

N

newreefers

trying to explain.....
to your friends that you can't spend time with them right now because you want crabs and are going out to try to find some.
to the deli guy that yes you are sure you want...
3 shrimp
3 scallops
1 small piece of fish
all uncooked and with no chemicals on them.
when you say, all right! I have worms, that it's ok for them to visit your home and be around you.

tinytink84

Trying to explain to people that your fish really DO have personalities, and they have names that go along with them, and "no you cant eat my fish (or shrimp or lobsters) that I have in my tank"... What can I say, my fam and friends all think they are comedians, lol.

wrassecal

As soon as you've started your first tank, a 55 deciding you need to upgrade to a bigger tank.......and then after starting a 2.5 nano deciding you need to upgrad to a 10.
Working for months to get your tank looking and running smoothly, then deciding you want to change out the substrate.

What are you cooking for dinner honey... Well I'm preparing crab legs and lobster tails for the fish and hot dogs and french fries for you
That was so funny!!!!!!!!:D :D
Having your local delivery guy bring you rocks. He asks what is in it and you tell him, but since he is not paying attention his response is that sure is a heavy frog. Again you tell him that you are getting rocks, then he looks at you funny.

pbienkiewi

$50 fish killed and ate your $100 fish. Then trying to sell your $50 for $150 and explaining or arguing to the LFS that he told you and promissed you that they are compatable. He is worth the $150 because he is part of the other fish now.

petjunkie

Wow, old thread! Trying to explain to people what coral is and them coming over to watch it eat
. Or going to Menards and coming out with a weird selection of stuff to diy for your tank. Also buying $400 lights for $30 frags.

socal57che

Digging up three year old threads because fish have been discussed to death and there are no "new" threads, only duplicates.
Digging through fittings in the sprinkler system aisle and explaining to the old man next to you that you really don't know the first think about in ground sprinkler systems....I'm just looking for the correct barbed "T" fitting for my fish tank.

allterr

Using 100% of a generator's power to run all of your tanks' equipment during power outages....(instead of the frige, AC, tv, etc..) much to the shagrin of your family...haha

azreefgirl

Deciding that your boyfriend is "a keeper" because he understands and accepts that the tank gets fed before he does.

Explaining to people my philosophy of "if it has a mouth, it gets fed" and then watching their look of pure disbelief when I tell them I call it the "No Zoanthid Left Behind" program.