oops

bozfamily

just did my water change and realized after that i didnt have enough salt now my gravity is at 1.019! did i just kill my coaral or fish? has to last till tomorrow

ccws

Dont you mix it up the day before? YOur supposed to mix it approx 24 hours before a water change. After you let it aerate with a powerhead for a while then check the salinity to make sure that it is the same as your tanks salinity. You are also supposed to have it in a vat with a heater so that the temp is the same. I hate to be negative, but I doubt this would be very good for your fish, let alone your fish. Assuming that your salinity was 1.025 I wouldnt bet that your organisms would survive.

bozfamily

great learn somthing that important after 8 months, thank you for being negative actualy and letting me know not even my lfs told me that when i first started the tank and i asked them a million questions. well i guess lesson learned the hard way.

ccws

How did it turn out? There is alot of misinformation in this hobby so alot of times you learn by making mistakes. I know that I have. Just be sure to mix it up 24hours ahead of time for now on and you wont have any problems. I use a rubermaid Brute trash can in the garage and mix it up ahead of time. I used to have the roughneck trash can, but my salt was leeching into it and my calcium levels dropped. IT took me months to figure out it was the trash can and that others had had the same issue. The Brute is food grade and evidently doesnt have these problems.

bawood

Originally Posted by bozfamily
great learn somthing that important after 8 months, thank you for being negative actualy and letting me know not even my lfs told me that when i first started the tank and i asked them a million questions. well i guess lesson learned the hard way.

Buy one of the many books on the subject, that way you always have a resource you can consult. I wouln't even consider sinking 100s of dollars into any hobby based on peoples word of mouth advice. That's just me.

bozfamily

Everything Turned Out Ok Didnt Seem To Hurt Anything So Far But Lesson Learned. I Have Read A Lot About The Hobby And That Is All That Has Goten Me As Far As My Tank Has Gone However Nothing I Have Read Has Covered That Info, But Like I Said Lesson Learned.
Thanks For The Help